PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
The pics of SPC's MR show a cut Krumble Kake. I bought a jar of it from Ed a couple of years back when he retired from piping and that jar's contents are completely ribbon cut. Did they once offer two different cuts of this blend?

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
This was clearly ribbon cut from the beginning. It looks like Early Morning Pipe. There is no sign of any flake remnants. Perplexing.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
There was major quality control issues which resulted in sutliff taking over the blending I believe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I surmise a glitch in processing. Someone ran it through the ribbon cutter and it was bagged and sold. Not as durable but maybe an easier cut to use. Do others who have this blend find it in crumble cake as described?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I bought mine in bulk in early 2014 and I don't remember much of any "cake" in the bag. When I look at the jar now I only see loose tobacco, and it doesn't seem to be much of a ribbon cut at all. I haven't tried the new stuff, so I can't make any comparisons, but I do like a bowl of this from time to time.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I've never figured out why people in Seattle named this Mississippi River anyway. Is it so bad they didn't want to name it Puget Sound?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I bought bulk twice, the first time it came in 2 giant cakes, the second time it was mostly loose with chunks of cake, but nowhere near a ribbon cut

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
I first purchased SPC Mississippi River back in 2013, I bought a small tin of it from P&C. It had the consistency of pre-crumbled kake. I then purchased it in bulk in 2014, and received a rather large pressed brick of the same previously mentioned crumbled kake. If I'm not mistaken P&C took over the blending of this tobacco. I know that a recent tin of Deception Pass that I received from Cigars International said that it was produced in Bethlehem PA, which is where P&C is located. :puffpipe:

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
The Mississippi River is where everything that most of the US dumps into their rivers and creeks ends up and by the time it gets here it's a gelatinous mess and then dumps into the Gulf with BP and Shell runoff.

I love the tobacco. But then I love the seafood that comes out of the spillways of the river and the Gulf and they've been swimming and eating in that crap you guys sent to us.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
edgreen, don't let anyone tell you the Puget Sound is that much cleaner than the Mississippi. I did my first 6 years in the Coast Guard out of Seattle. Worked many a pollution case. Worked one search and rescue case for a missing airplane that is the reason I have refused to eat crabs for the last 40 years.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I bought a tin recently and it was more like a broken flake than a cake. I'm not impressed, nice tin note but pretty much like smoking hot air I didn't get any flavor from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.