PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
As I have been kinda bored as of late I thought of a small little contest, which should be fun for a day or two. Winner of this contest will get a goodie bag of tobacco (tins,bulk,aro,eng,non aro) and anything else I may want to throw in there. Postage paid by me, no strings attached.
RULES:

Well there has to be a couple...So first one to get everything correct wins!

Open to any member with 25 posts or more (to try and prevent someone from just coming in and then being gone)

And last but not least U.S only please (customs is a pain)
QUESTIONS:
1.Which island is noted for having "THE BIG SANDWICH"?

2.How big is it? (the sandwich)

3.Which TV show did it appear?

4.And how does this TV show connect to Stephen King?
Good luck, person with correct answer will get PM and noted in post.
GOOGLE WOULD BE CHEATING :evil:

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
1. Nantucket

2. 10 foot

3. Wings

4. The actors who portrayed the Hackett brothers (Tim Daly and Steven Weber) both went on to take lead roles in Stephen King television mini-series. Daly appeared in Storm of the Century (1999) and Weber starred in The Shining (1997) and Desperation (2006), as well as Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King (2006).

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
1. That would be Dagwood Island in the Mediterranean.

2. Its as big as your head.

3. My Three Sons

4. His mother worked as a wardrobe consultant for the show

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Holy Crap!!!!! That was too fast! I thought it would take alittle longer..Wings was and still is my favorite TV show ever. Good job deuce send me your address in a PM and it will be off.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
1. Neville Island Allegheny County Pa.

2. The sandwich is pretty freaking big.

3. Bizzar Foods America aired 11/11/13

4. TV show doesn't connect to Steven king but he will be in Sewickley Pa June 8 promoting his new book and everyone that comes here tried a Primanti Brothers sandwich so it's a given..

Do I win ??

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Watson, since I cheated by using the Internet let's open it up to the funniest answers and you pick the winner.
If that's what you would like, but I never said you could'nt, just said it was.....I was just going to add some mixture 79 as punishment!! :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I watched a lot of Wings episodes, but none of this rang a bell. I guess I was riveted by the plots. My wife used to ride a one-man airline from New York to somewhere in Iowa to get to her home place in far northeast Missouri; that little airline was even wackier than Wings. I doubt it was safe, but my wife always made it. I think you called the guy at home to make reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.