PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsnadon

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
Cheyenne
www.reallycooldude.com
Howdy - been lurking for quite sometime now, figured I should at least intoduce myself. Former cigarette smoker, quit for good long time ago. Many years ago, I was a cigar smoker, but I gave it up to keep my wife happy (smell, and the porch is/was too cold in the winter). Years ago, I dabbled with some pipes and some basic tobacco for awhile as well.... Ditto on the giving it up (wife disagreed....).

I live alone now and I have been back on the cigars for awhile, recently, got back into it with the pipes. So far, it's been mainly Peterson of different variations, with a basic Savinelli and a decent Erik Stokkebye which is fast becoming a go to pipe for me..... I think I like the Stokkebye because it is the odd man out.

Last time around, it seems that all the valuable info on the internet was not quite so readily available..... I say that, as I am a little amazed at all the dealers and resellers for pipes and tobacco that I have found. I've built up a decent stash of tobacco, all different blends and styles form several companies. I've been leaning towards all the offerings from C&D, but there are a few others available in my cabinet also, some Lane, some, Sutliff, G. L. Pease, etc..... Not bought any from Boswell yet, but I keep looking at that site and I'm sure I'll have some of his offereings soo too. So far, with one exception, I think it's safe to say that I enjoy all of it, but I have become fond of one especially - the 1st Perterson I bought came with a free tin of this year's St Patrick Day blend..... I like it a lot. Trying to figure out what it's really called, as I have not found it available anywhere, unless you buy a pipe (which is not a bad thing, I have discovered a few times already). Currently enjoying Two Friends as I type this.....

As I said I have grown a collection of Petersons, I think it would be safe to say, you can put me on the side of the fence that favors their "system".... I wish there was a local tobacconist for me (to see actaul variety and make in-person comparisons, along with friendly advice from an owner and smoker), but alas, the closest thing in this town is a Smoker Friendly store, and they are nothing but cigarettes and cigars (with a small shelf for pipes - a few filters and the basic dimestore pouched tobacco). It would be a 50 mile drive to support a brick and mortar, hence all the online shoppping....

I've enjoyed the site here for a while now - so, let me close with saying "Hello".

Les

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
You might enjoy your interaction more as an active member. If you don't like it, you can return to lurking.

Reactions: OzPiper

lsnadon

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
Cheyenne
www.reallycooldude.com

lsnadon

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
Cheyenne
www.reallycooldude.com
You might enjoy your interaction more as an active member. If you don't like it, you can return to lurking.
Whoever said it (I think it can be attibuted to several different folks)....

I prefer to keep quiet and let others think I am an idiot than to open my mouth and prove it (it goes something like that, I think I was close).

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Whoever said it (I think it can be attibuted to several different folks)....

I prefer to keep quiet and let others think I am an idiot than to open my mouth and prove it (it goes something like that, I think I was close).
One of the great things about posting is that you are free to post what you like, in as much detail that you like, and whenever you like to do so. This means that whatever the bar set, you are the one to set it. It also means that on any given day, you can set it low and say all manner of stupid things, just like the rest of us.

Suilven

Lurker
Mar 11, 2021
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Welcome from Vancouver Island, BC. These forums are great. Most of what I've learned this past year, my first as a pipe smoker, I've learned here. Good bunch of guys too. I'm grateful. Glad to hear you have the freedom now to enjoy your pipes. Best way I know of to relax and enjoy just being still. Enjoy being a member.

Reactions: OzPiper and lsnadon
Status
Not open for further replies.