PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The B&M had a bit of a pipe show today and I picked up this Il Ceppo Bulldog. I also had my sights on a Peterson bent Rosslare bulldog but the drilling was so bad I took a pass. I really wanted that pipe but for the money it should pass a pipe cleaner.

Very pleased with this pick.
VPoexPb.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
John's initial post motivated me to find an Il Ceppo. I found this Rhodesian at Al Pascia's. It made a great Christmas gift to me

from Mrs. Cortez (aka. Shoe Lady). I'm currently breaking it in with Rattray's HOTW, and it's smokin' great! Just $146.00, and it performs as well as my Ardors, Castello, Ser Jacs or Rinaldo.

il-ceppo-left-w580-h233.jpg

il-ceppo-top-w580-h231.jpg

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Cortez:
How do you like your Ardors? I love the looks of them but have no real experience with the pipes. Can you give me your two cents worth?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Snoopy:

The Ardors smoke as great as they look! I have two Ardors: a bulldog and a bent egg, both rusticated. I bought them for the bowl dimensions that I like -- thick walls, wide inside diameters, and around 1½" depth. Both have a nice open draw. They were kind of pricey, though. That's why I'm so pleased with the Il Ceppo. Similar performance and a lot less expensive.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Thanks, Cortez.
I have been trying for a few Il Ceppo and one day I’ll get one. Happy smoking...

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Italian Bulldog/Rhodesian pipes are some of the prettiest of their type being made bar none. I've been a fan for years. They manage to capture that classical form in their own unique way. Enjoy, I hope it smokes as well as it looks.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Agreed! I've spent quite some time at alpascia and lepipe looking at those beauties. Congratulations on a nice pipe Cortez

Status
Not open for further replies.