PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I have been told that IE does not work with Microsoft anymore, I get a lot of freezes ups and slow speeds I'm with Verizon and they have always been very fast.

So what should I do about this, Please help :puffy:

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
The browser "Google Chrome" has always served me really well. If you Google "Google Chrome Download" that should produce a link where you can download the search engine. If you wish for further assistance, feel free to PM me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You can also try Firefox, though Chrome is likely better. Always good to have a couple of browsers ready to go, as some sites don't work well with one or the other.
I thought I.E. was going the way of the Dodo. (?)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have been told that IE does not work with Microsoft anymore
Internet Exploder has been replaced by Microsoft Edge:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge
It's just as bad. I suggest using this instead:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
There's a saying popular among us web wonks: "The only thing IE is good for is downloading Chrome."
It's not a safe or user-friendly browser. Chrome or Firefox are much less frustration-inducing.
Good luck to you!

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Essentially, MSoft doesn't want to support ongoing IE releases, ergo, IE 11 was the last Internet Explorer version shipped with Windows 10. Windows 10 also comes with the new browser "Edge" which is a very scaled down browser that seems to work with many pages. The prevailing idea was that IE 11 would simply get updates for security but not undergo major User Interface upgrades. IE and Edge seem to work independent of each other in that some settings in IE have no affect on Edge settings or operation.
The problem will come with sites designed to take advantage of IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari's more robust interfaces; some of these pages may have issues with Edge.
But remember, the industry really sets the tone. I think you'll still see Chrome and Firefox push the ability and Msoft will need to make sure they accommodate user demand.
That's just my opinion...other nerds may disagree. :mrgreen:

Jun 4, 2014
The one problem we have found with the switch from IE is that in our business many sites we use don't work with Edge, Chrome, Firefox they require IE to function. Personally I prefer Firefox, but for 90% of my business work we have to use IE.

sladeburns

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
Yep, the only reason to use IE is if you have legacy business software/sites that require it otherwise just about anything is better and more secure.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Stopped using IE years ago as it's nothing more than pig vomit and always has been.

Firefox for me since then and so far it's never failed me.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
In my experience IE is the worst, most insecure, but then, I long ago steered away from as many of Microsoft's products as possible. Run a Mac now but I still run XP as a virtual OS in the background in order to use a few good, old Windows programs.
I avoid all things Google. Use Bing, Duck Duck, Startpage, and Zeekly on Firefox or Safari.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
for 90% of my business work we have to use IE
In this case, if you can, I suggest setting up a virtual machine.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3702

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You might install a Flash blocker, which will prompt you to ask if you o.k. It for a specific site. (At least that's what I do on my Mac).

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Flash Player has become bad news and should be tossed out. Hell, I always avoided it anyway as I thought it a piece of useless shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.