Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Let’s suppose the One World Order succeeds in it’s nefarious plan to homogenize the world and in a thousand years only one blend of pipe tobacco is approved to be sold.

You can still smoke a pipe, but you and everyone else only get one choice of commercial pipe tobacco to smoke.

My choice would be Smoker’s Pride Cherry Cavendish.

68A9EC56-9CF5-4A7C-A64F-8DC952F75D05.jpeg
SP Cherry is the only tobacco I need, although I want over a couple of dozen different blends.

It costs just over a dollar an ounce in quantity purchases of eight 12 ounce bags for $99.92.

It keeps for years, packs easy, lights well, burns slow, tastes like cherry cotton candy and smells divinely sweet.

Lest you think we’d be hobbled so we could not enjoy our pipes by only having one pipe tobacco, try buying a new deluxe pipe tool other than this one.

308D3FB6-9632-44B6-ADD0-561D3BA13DAF.jpeg
Only $7.25 and good until you lose it.

I’m glad to have choices, but I only need a good blend, a good Lee, and a good tamper, and an Armor Zippo.:)

If the do gooders cornered you, what is the only pipe tobacco you’d allow sold?

Reactions: mtwaller and Steddy

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
I’ve only been smoking (like a fiend) for a year so this is a tough one. C&D Briar Fox. It tastes like tobacco. Which is my favorite flavor when I’m smoking….tobacco. Honorable mention goes to Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz.

Ask me again in a year and who knows.

Reactions: Briar Lee

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Fifty years ago I bought my first 1 1/2 ounce package of Half and Half for a quarter at Nellie’s Pool Hall in Humansville. Nellie Butcher stocked Prince Albert, Velvet, and Half and Half.

At the local grocery stores and drug store you could also buy Carter Hall, Sir Walter Raleigh, Granger, Apple, Maple, Rum and Maple, Field and Stream, Kentucky Club, Palladan Blackcherry, Middleton’s Cherry Blend, Our Advertiser, Country Gentleman, Bull Durham, maybe some others I’ve forgotten.

Prince Albert then, was likely over half the smoking tobacco sold in Humansville and most of it was old men rolling cigarettes. Velvet was a close second, also mostly for roll your owns.

Half and Half was likely the leading brand of pipe tobacco only smoking tobacco sold and still is today.

I buy three pouches of Half and Half at $3.49 each every time I go to Humansville.

Why I chose Smoker’s Pride Cherry as the only blend I’d approve is that once you get the taste for any good commercial tobacco after that, you can enjoy your pipe.

SP Cherry is as cheap today adjusted for inflation as all commercial blends were fifty years ago.

Back then a pipe smoker picked a brand and smoked that, unless the store was out, and he picked his second favorite twenty five cent blend.

Reactions: Steddy

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Dang. I’d almost give up pipe smoking if I couldn’t have variety. Very hard to pick.
I’ve previously posted ruminations how I enjoy all my pipes more than which tobacco I use to play with them.

I love a variety of tobaccos, but mostly just to have something different to smoke in all my pipes.

I’d smoke anything tobacco in my pipes, before I’d let them sit idle.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I've discovered multiple answers to this question and therefore have more tobacco than I'm likely ever to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.