PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As with food, variety is a central point, so smoking only one blend means I'd be stuck with only one. I might make do with something like 965 or its match, or Granger, or C&D Stratfordshire, but I wouldn't be happy about it. My dad was a fifty-year Granger only guy, and he was content. With one blend, I'd smoke only occasionally.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Even though I have 3 blends I love equally, and ever smoke, I'd choose Carter Hall.

Why?

I like the taste. It burns easily, without much effort at all. And I can usually get the local gas stations to order it and keep it in stock for me.

That last part was a little secret of mine. Something I've been doing for years. Shhhh

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Odd as it may sound, if I had to choose one, it might be something like MB Dark Twist or London Burley Blend. Neither are in my top 10 or probably in my top 20 favorites but might be what I would choose if I had to smoke it all the time. If I were to choose a favorite to smoke all day, it would likely be Fribourg & Treyer CVP.

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
A single blend for anytime, all around easy smoking would be Stokkebye LNF. It is not my favorite blend, but it is easy smoking, hassle free, good any time on any day.

The alternative would be to pick a single blend to smoke occasionally. One that stands on top of the heap in the #1 spot as a favorite. A blend good enough to treat as a treat. One to be savored occasionally. One that you don't want to become a pedestrian, mindless, all day smoke. In this case I'd select SG BBF, no contest.