If you could smoke only 1 blend in your bowl . . .

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Dark star is a good one.... if I devoted all of my pipe smoking to it, I might master it.
I am, however going to say Butera Dark Stoved. For some reason I find it slightly more manageable than Dark Star although some say they are the same.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
McClelland 5100. And it's probably not in my top 5-10 tobaccos. But most of my "favorite" tobaccos are ones I wouldn't necessarily want to smoke all day every day forever. But I do love red virginia, and 5100 has got to be the most easy-going virginia smoke ever.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
It's good to see we all would choose a different blend. This means when the sh#t hits the fan there won't be too much fighting going on.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Right now penzance. But in the past has been gaslight, pirate kake, white knight, uhles perfection plug, Bengal slices, war horse loose cut, shortcut to mushrooms, autumn evening, Strauss tobacco sleepy hollow, Germain brown flake.....yeah it changes depending on cravings....so can't say I have one set blend but at this given time def penzance fresh or 20 years aged stuff is tasty to my palate.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Still searching. For a time it was BBF but as my supply has aged it flattened out and became dull. After going through a tin of Sam's Flake in record time I thought that was it for me. It's a strange blend generally pretty mellow but occasionally for just a beat or two, the tonquin overwhelms the other elements making for a delightful revulsion much like eating a durian. Strangely, I never bought another tin.
Right now I'm engulfed by the vast and deep trench that is perique-land. SJF is what I've been burning mostly. Turns out I like it best when fresh or with at least 2 years on it. That mid-ground betwixt is best avoided for me.
So for now it's SJF. Tomorrow? I dunno but I'm planning a big haul in the 10b range with a ton of different perique blends. We'll see if we can find "it".

Status
Not open for further replies.