PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Ok guys... what one tobacco would you save from the FDA Deeming Regulations if you had the chance to save one? That means any tobacco's created/blended after February 2007. Well... what are going to save?

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Captain Black Grape it shall be our legacy to all pipers of the future!
Twisted. I love it.
Mine would be Frog Morton's Cellar. I have only smoked it once, along with on the town, but this is the post 2007 one of the bunch. Tar and feathers for anyone who wouldst taketh it away.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Man, that's a tough one. I guess I'd have to toss a coin between John Cotton's 1&2 and Tuskegee Airman.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
What would expect me to answer?...lol
Penzance and a whole boatload of people will agree by evidence of what they are paying for it these days.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Penzance and a whole boatload of people will agree by evidence of what they are paying for it these days.
Why Penzance? Penznace has been around, more or less continually, since 1989, so it's not in danger, unless Germain's decides to discontinue making it, which I wish they would.
McCrainie's Red Ribbon.
Seriously though, I'm pretty well stocked, so I'm not really buying much of anything anymore.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'll cheat a bit. Christmas Cheer.
That one's swan song was last year. Most of my cellar is pre 2007, and my post 2007 cellar is well stocked. I'm good.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
That one's swan song was last year
Tom DID say he was cheating. I say let him have that one.
I wanted to mention that I did get the last 3 tins possibly anywhere of Pike Place at the PNW meet up 2 weeks ago. That stuff is Awesome. I waited til everyone got a tin or so then vultured the rest. I will miss that one, Potlatch, and Mississippi River, but That damned Plum Pudding is just smokey magic for me. Maybe because Joe Lankford is just such a damned nice guy. Makes me feel like I am honoring him when I smoke the stuff. Dunno, Just awesome tobacco.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Wyfbane I have to agree with you. SPC Plum Pudding would be top of my list. Quickly followed by GLP Quiet Nights.

May 4, 2015
The FDA is the only reason last year for 2017 was the last... It counts that way.
It's cheating because it's different every year and it's a single-crop Virginia, not a blend.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
PIPE TOBACCO
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.