If You Also Smoke Cigs, What Do You Smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
My answer is American Spirit RYO's. Usually the organic, but I'm not terribly picky. The perique blend is pretty solid too.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Only the best

http://pipesandcigars.com/sjripito1ba.html#.UTVCgVdmMyc

http://pipesandcigars.com/twotigopito11.html#.UTVCbldmMyc

http://pipesandcigars.com/3sapito1ba.html#.UTVCcFdmMyc

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Unfortunately, I still smoke cigarettes, but now I go the "stuff your own" route. I buy cigarette tubes and have a nifty shooter that allows me to make a pack in about 5 minutes. Hell of a lot cheaper.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
When I smoked I was a dedicated Marlboro man for most of my "cigarette years". I did the roll your own thing for a couple years in the late 90s using Bugler. After that, stationed in Japan, I discovered the brand "Mild Seven" and thought I died and went to cigarette heaven. I don't know what it was, but that brand of smokes just had the most amazing taste to me. When I came back to the states I discovered that the Mild Sevens being imported were manufactured in Sweden as opposed to Japan and they just didn't taste the same. I finally quit in 2007 and decided to just stick with the pipe.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
When I smoked my main brand was Pall Mall. Tried the rolling thing by hand. Didn't work out too good.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Juvat, Might have been the charcoal filter in the mild sevens, I suppose the swedish ones also had them though.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I don't smoke cigs often, so I end up being able to afford pricier packs. I like basically any Nat Sherman, but especially the light "yellows" in 100mm. Dunhills and American Spirits are good too. Don't roll my own though cause for me the point is speed and convenience (and not standing in the cold for long)- if I have the time I pack a pipe.

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
Marlboros are my curse. It's weird because I preferred Camels, but always craved Marlboros. Nasty little things but two back to back is how I used to wake up. Thank goodness I found the pipe and am down to only 5 or so a day now. Just need to kick the cyanide and burnt sugar cravings and I'll be set.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Smoked Marlboros from being cool in my teens to early 20's then had my first Hemingway, never touched another cig since. Why smoke hay when there's great tobacco out there.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I smoked cowboy killers. Stopped cold turkey about 12-15 years ago. For ME. It was one of the best things I ever did.

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
When I smoked cigs it was Sampoerna International Clove filter, and Sobranie Blk when I could get them.
Now Cigars, Pipes and Grizzly Wintergreen.
Tom

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
I'm the odd duck that never smoked a cigerette. Came to a pipe first and never looked back. Although the odd Cuban Cigar still makes for a nice evening smoke on the deck.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
I was a Lucky Strike guy for a while, still smoke them from time to time during WWII living histories, other than that I kicked the habit and stick with the Pipe and occasional Cigar. It was odd, I literally woke up one morning and decided to quit…never questioned it and never looked back.

clunk

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
I roll my own and smoke Goldern Virginia. Because of outrageous taxes i buy mine from smugglers.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
On the rare occasions that I can't smoke my pipe, like at parties, I'll smoke Prince Albert roll ups. Great smoke too. On the original old red PA tins it was written "Cigarette & pipe tobacco". I do both with it.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Is there a sponsor that sells the American Spirit perique blend in bulk or otherwise?
I kind of want to try it since it sounds similar to our pipe tobacco.
Plus I kind of want to carry around a Sterling Silver case of hand rolled cigs to hand out to the occasional smoker at a party. And occasionally smoke one myself like a mini cigar if the flavor is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.