If The Zombie Apocalypse Came Today, How Long Would Your Cellar Last?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Oh come now Peck, I seem to recall a pic of your cellar! Shelves upon shelves, sagging in the middle from the weight of hundreds of tins!
Myself, depending on my rate of smoking( which varies greatly from week to week), I figure I have roughly 3 to 4 years worth. Definitely less than I would like to have, but I got a late start with my cellaring. I've only been cellaring seriously for about 6 or 8 months. I did, however, place a rather large TAD order today which totaled up to a little over 2lbs.!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Forget the mythical zombies, and change the title to how much you will have for the upcoming economic disaster when the country goes bankrupt(which it will).
I've got 5 lbs of Penzance which should last about 4 years at the rate I smoke it. :D

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
According to my pipe tool app on my Iphone at 10 bowls per ounce, 1 bowl a day my cellar would last 10 years and 4 months..

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Forget the mythical zombies, and change the title to how much you will have for the upcoming economic disaster when the country goes bankrupt(which it will).
I used to think Zombies were mythical until I saw this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJye229QbVs

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
WOW!! ... and I thought I had "Mac Attacks"!! LOL!!!
My baccy wouldn't hold out for more than a few months ... TAD Time! :)

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I'm doing my best to accumulate two lbs. of tobacco a month.
Thank you, Russ, for making some of the tastiest and most affordable tobaccos available. I came to this serious pipe smoking thing of ours way too late in life and I'm double-timing to catch up.
All you pipers out there, the burners you own are very attractive but if you don't have the fuel for them then they're just paperweights.
Start buying tobacco. It isn't going to get any cheaper.
Fnord

inteus

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I have maybe 3 pounds of tobacco total, 1.5 pounds in the cellar. As I only smoke between 1-2 bowls a day, this would probably last 2-3 months I'm guessing. Then again, add the stress of a zombie apocolypse, I'd probably be smoking like a chimney. 8)

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I have less than an ounce right now, so not very long. But, then again...
Zombie_zpscb8628d2.jpg

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Long enough to get to Harris's house.
I can just see Harris tied up in a chair with one of his Rad Davis's in his teeth. Zombies banging on his windows and me pilfering his cellar. Don't worry Harris I'll make sure your pipe is lit before I leave the house.

andypandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Long enough to get to Harris's house.
I can just see Harris tied up in a chair with one of his Rad Davis's in his teeth. Zombies banging on his windows and me pilfering his cellar. Don't worry Harris I'll make sure your pipe is lit before I leave the house.
:rofl:

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
While I have a spreadsheet that tracks my stock of baccy,

it does not show total weight.
So I just went into the garage where I store my baccy in large plastic containers,

grabbed one and weighed it.
58 pounds.
Uh oh.
Even allowing 10% for the weight of the tins, jars etc I have over 300 pounds

of lovely maturing pipe tobacco.
I do not smoke as often as I'd like due to family matters.
I calculate I have enough to last about 964 years.
This is an idiotic amount of baccy, but at least I have an inflation hedge

and could always sell some off.
No regrets.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
I figure I have enough to last through a zombie apocalypse and even to have some to barter with.

Dec 24, 2012
I have a few tins of Grousemoor and 1792 that I am keeping just in case the zombies come. My plan is to light up a bowl of either when the Zombies come-a-knockin'. I am quite sure that even The Walking Dead will be completely repulsed from the fumes from these blends.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
You guys are funny but I have about half of what Peck has. I am pretty sure he is up over 450 ponds about now. There are guys out there who make Peck and me look like rank amateurs. Some guys have thousand pound cellars and more and have been cellaring for 40 plus years.
I smoke about 10 pounds a year and have about a 25 year supply. I am done cellaring except for one blend, I would have been done a while ago but that prick Peck keeps beating me out on this one last blend.

Dec 24, 2012
Harris, why don't you share with your Brothers of The Leaf what that one blend is? We might be able to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.