tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
You could buy one of hers from the Danish Pipe Shop plus 10 more great pipes for what they are asking! SP disclaimer...I do purchase tobacco from them:'}
hey they offer a service and so does the Danish pipe shop. It never hurts to shop around especially if you know what you want. Though I just looked at these pipes at the Danish pipe shop and the prices aren't that wildly different now. Which is fine cause my eye must not be very good as I don't see anything worth that much going on.

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
hey they offer a service and so does the Danish pipe shop. It never hurts to shop around especially if you know what you want. Though I just looked at these pipes at the Danish pipe shop and the prices aren't that wildly different now. Which is fine cause my eye must not be very good as I don't see anything worth that much going on.
Converting DKK to USD its almost $1,000 difference...Yeah I guess for that it would have to be outstanding service.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I'll take the 10 Jack Howell pipes for a few more dollars than one of those Mandulas. I have watched her work for years and have yet to figure out why she gets the money does. To my eyes here shaping is really well done and her specialty is the Bulldog. The grain on that pipe just shown is good but nothing eye popping. I think some of the higher money she gets is because she is a woman. Look at Ann Julie, or other woman carvers, they seem to get more than their male counterparts.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'll take the 10 Jack Howell pipes for a few more dollars than one of those Mandulas. I have watched her work for years and have yet to figure out why she gets the money does. To my eyes here shaping is really well done and her specialty is the Bulldog. The grain on that pipe just shown is good but nothing eye popping. I think some of the higher money she gets is because she is a woman. Look at Ann Julie, or other woman carvers, they seem to get more than their male counterparts.
most of the high end pipes remind me of designer clothes. Pretty much for showing off to a tiny percent of the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.