Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 23, 2021
Hi! I'm new in the forum!
Can anyone help identifying this pipe? I bought it at a flea market.
The maker's stamp is hard to read. It probably begins with a "C" and on a second line there is probably a "Made in England" (England is pretty sure). And then probably a code (BX200?)

The pipe is quite is very light (25 grams).
Here some pics.
Pipe.png

Thanks!
Bruce

berniez

Lurker
May 23, 2021
I grabbed this beauty at a sale .. but can find out nothing about the markings .. can anyone tell me more about my gem. 20210521_175737.jpg20210521_175810.jpg20210521_175747.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It never ceases to amaze me, instant expertise. The GBD I knew, but the band false hallmark is above and beyond.

Reactions: dmcmtk

berniez

Lurker
May 23, 2021
Thank You so much .. I came across 14 pipes ... fighting to identify all of these .. so appreciate the help.

Aug 1, 2012
I will post them tomorrow, thank you so much .. hoping to get an approx. value as well. The one with that I posted previous do you know approx.
Without seeing the shank and mortise, as well as detail shots of the bowl, it is pretty hard to even give a ballpark. If I were you, and you are hoping to sell them I gather, I would contact one of our site sponsors like Pipestud or MKELAW with some good pictures and sell through them. It may seem like a steep commission but their reputation gets you more for your money across the board.

Reactions: OzPiper and Ahi Ka

berniez

Lurker
May 23, 2021
Without seeing the shank and mortise, as well as detail shots of the bowl, it is pretty hard to even give a ballpark. If I were you, and you are hoping to sell them I gather, I would contact one of our site sponsors like Pipestud or MKELAW with some good pictures and sell through them. It may seem like a steep commission but their reputation gets you more for your money across the board.
Ok sounds good.

Reactions: dmcmtk

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I will post them tomorrow, thank you so much .. hoping to get an approx. value as well. The one with that I posted previous do you know approx.
I also am out of the loop with estate pipe values as I live in New Zealand. One thing that has been suggested before is to do an eBay search for the pipe and then using the filters click “completed items”. That will then only show you stuff that has already sold so you get a sense of market value