PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Glad everyone was OK Brad!

My two girls, grandchildren and my wife went back down to Louisiana yesterday. An easier drive this time vs following the storm up two weeks ago.

Both of their houses were unharmed, gratefully but out of power for about a week. Both say they'll have a generator by next year. Guess that is what Pap is contributing to for Christmas...

One of their friends, who had a two-story brick home in Metarie lost a whole side of their house, they had fled at the time. Sad.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Glad no one was injured.

I have a red maple tree in the front yard and I'm now seriously considering having it cut down. I sat by the front door and could see the ground flexing around the tree every time we had a strong gust. Fortunately the wind was blowing from behind the house and the tree kept leaning toward the street.

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
+1 glad everyone is ok.

Another positive, they'll have plenty of firewood for next season....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Terrible luck and great luck. A Louisianna friend lives in Mandeville. He says he hunkered down and lay on the floor reading paperbacks. He's a writer and translator, so it was a workday to him. I finally heard from him when his power came back on. I'm glad brad's daughter and family were safe.

Reactions: JOHN72

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Man, that storm was packed with all kinds of trouble. Usually hurricanes lose 90% of their force by the time they cross one state. This ripped things up all the way until it hit the Atlantic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Fred and Ida both dumped quantum water way inland up North. The Northeast took fatalities from flooding. This jive is becoming way too common.