PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
In my never ceasing quest to taste new and exotic tobaccos, I decided to pick up a tin of Mac Baren HH Bold Kentucky to try.

A very wise and respected long time pipe smoker on this forum said, “that stuff will grow hair on your ass.”

Now here is a strange thing. At sixty-two years young, like the last ice-age, my hairline has been receding. Well, maybe it’s doing more than just recede. Maybe it’s more like chasing a slider between third and second with a runner hauling ass for home plate and another rounding second in the bottom of the ninth.

It is a cruel irony that while I have hair disappearing on my head it grows with rain forest profusion out of the strangest places.

Take my ears for example. Hair sprouts from my ears at astonishing speed. My attempts at keeping it at bay range from plucking, cutting, waxing, to the more desperate, paying for prayer cloths from EBay the seller claims will stop the hair growth in my ears if I sleep with the cloths tied around my ears at night.

So far all it has done is illicit snorts and very hurtful comments from my much better half, also known as my wife, the dragon lady, or the dreaded grandma person, depending on the particular situation, call me, “a stupid head.”

I’ve learned over the years never, ever, piss off the dreaded grandma person unless you plan on moving to Argentina within the half hour or so time it takes for her to get home and find out what you ummm, did.

I once decided to surprise her by painting the master bedroom which she had been talking about for some time. Actually, for quite some time.

She just doesn’t understand that painting, like hanging a picture, for example is not something you do quickly. These things take quality planning and time. Why, I remember the last time I hung a picture for her. If I remember correctly it took four and a half years of preparation and planning to put the three and a half inch ardox framing nail in the perfect spot on the wall and she was still upset.
Wives! I just don’t understand. Being color blind, I painted the master bedroom a beautiful soft and calming green. Naturally I was justifiably proud of myself for taking the initiative.

I thought I would go to down to man-cave and let my wife be surprised and delighted when she found it for herself.

I don’t quite know what happened in the first five minutes after she got home. I heard some angry screeching that very quickly escalated to shouts and threats and a lot of cuss words that made me blush, and there was blue smoke seeping beneath the edges of the door to my man-cave followed by a lot of pounding. Gawd, I am so glad I put a dead-bolt on that door. I’m just saying.

But I digress... Where was I? Oh yeah, the hair on my ass thing from the Bold Kentucky.

So I wanna know from all the old time smokers here who seem to have lush and full heads of hair, is there a secret tobacco that will instead of growing hair on my hindparts, grow it on my head?

That’s all, a simple question. There has to be a very simple solution and a singular tobacco that will stop the recession of my hair and bring it back. I know the answer is out there. Somewhere...

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Oh, you can use it as a topical, inhalant, injectable, suppository...should work with any delivery method!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Lol ... that was a funny read Chris! :mrgreen:
I smoke a lot of C&D's Big N' Burley and Old Joe Krantz ... it seems to be working.
My chest looks like a Silver-back Gorilla, beard is still growing and my hair is over halfway down my back.
BTW ... go with Sage next time for a good choice in green paint. :mrgreen:

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I may not have learned much in 35 years of marriage but letting the wife pick the color before painting is one of them. I'd be interested to hear how HH Bold Kentucky affects the hair situation.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Bold Kentucky is ok but no where near the top for good tasting an strong. Ten Russians, C&d Billy Budd,haunted bookshop, Habana day dream, crooner, solani aged burley, Wessex burley slice, bayou night, 1792, sg #4, and of course Peterson irish flake. AN for the cheapest tasty nic hit five brothers the whole bowl will burn up in about 5 minutes. I smoke 2 bowls almost every morning with my 1st black cup of coffee.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
I can vouch for the efficacy of Nightcap. I was finally able to halt the spread of my male pattern baldness with the judicious consumption of the afore mentioned elixir. I retain a solid fringe around the edge. Just imagine where I might be if I had not taken precautions. She who must be obeyed tells me that if other men want to waste their precious male hormones growing useless hair it is their (and their wives) problem.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
GH Brown Irish X rope might change a bald pate furry. Maybe our assumptions are wrong. Maybe it is the mildest melon and roses aromatic that will make the follicles dance. Some things in life never happen if you try too hard.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
lol

Thanks guys for the comments. I have some Nightcap on the way so I will indeed give that a whirl.
I have a confession to make about the painting - She who is to be obeyed had already picked out and up the paint and it was just waiting to be applied. I usually have always, always, double checked color with her before applying.

Now I ALWAYS check with her before applying. lol... After she settled down we both laughed about it and of course it is a favorite story that our kids remorselessly always retell at family gatherings.
When I am gone and she who must be obeyed makes an egg timer out of my mortal remains they will all gather around and say, "Do you remember when dad..." and have a good laugh.

When the dust settles (or ashes) and all is said and done, if I have made my kids (and others) laugh and chuckle then it will all have been worth it. :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
All of my hair is the same length, and coincidentally almost down to my ass. At 41, with no gray, and no recession, and smoke alot of Virginias and English blends, but I really like Black XX Twist that alot of folks call strong. Not terribly harsh on my palate, but tastes just like a nice grilled steak.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
At the very least, you have a primer coat. As for the hair, that's never been one of my problems, but I bet there's a Donald Trump endorsed product, if y'er in to that look.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
chasingembers want to try something really good. xx an jack knife 50/ 50 man its good.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
JKP and Brown Bogie is a nice mix too.
We should start a new thread and find out how many "longhairs" we currently have! :puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Great read Chris, put a smile on my face. :D
I have a full head of hair still at 50 with some greying of course. I have however taken to shaving my head bald for the last 13 years or so. Many folicly challenged gentlemen become quite upset when they learn this. :twisted:
The Black XX Twist mentioned by chasingembers will either grow hair back on your melon or may quite possibly cause any and all body hair to disappear!?!? This is a blend I have learned to enjoy and be gentle with. We are friendly now but it knocked me around pretty good the first 2-3 times I tried it....be gentle! :puffy:

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
Great read Chris, Mrs. Wolfe was wondering what was making me laugh out loud.

For the record, I still have the thick head of hair I've always had, it's shorter, #4 on the electric hair trimmer, and greyer than it used to be (I always blame the kids for that).
Mark

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
To all you full haired guys - The good Lord gives each and every one of us the exact same number of hormones that govern things such as hair growth and sex drive - if you want to waste yours growing hair that's your business. :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.