PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Just a pet peeve for today.
I wanted to place an order with Pipes & Cigars for the Buy two get one free Dunhill special tinned tobacco promotion. They are all on back order! I've been in the retail business myself through out my 50 years and know when a special promotion is into effect to have a large inventory in stock before hand.
I wanted to place an order and get it in a few days. Not have to wait weeks for stock to come in.
I've placed quite a few orders in the past but so many items I want are either out of stock or on back order.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I totally understand your frustration Durham. While I know they are a big sponsor here and I have used them twice myself I think I am just staying away until they get things straightened out. Every time I am on their site looking for pipes almost everything is out of stock.
I am sure they are going through some growing pains during the transition and things will get worked out eventually but the way I see it we have plenty of sponsors here who are fully capable of satisfying my TAD or PAD. They may not have the deal you are looking for but if P&C doesn't have it in stock, its not truly an existing deal.
Just my .02

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I totally understand your frustration Durham. While I know they are a big sponsor here and I have used them twice myself I think I am just staying away until they get things straightened out. Every time I am on their site looking for pipes almost everything is out of stock.
I am sure they are going through some growing pains during the transition and things will get worked out eventually but the way I see it we have plenty of sponsors here who are fully capable of satisfying my TAD or PAD. They may not have the deal you are looking for but if P&C doesn't have it in stock, its not truly an existing deal.
I agree 100%, I had done my purchases exclusively with P&C before the buyout. Now it seems as though they didn't have there ducks in a row and were not ready. Last two orders have been with another fine vendor.

Sorry P&C, step up your game.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Cortez - trust me, I check their site probably 3-4 times per week. I am sticking around as well, but until I get a feel that when I place an order things will get processed the way they were BEFORE the acquisition, my money has been going elsewhere. I am truly excited about P&C/CI and the things Russ has posted are all positive, but if I had to place an order TODAY it would go to Rich at 4noggins with NO hesitation.
That is the beauty of choice, we can each spend our money in the way it makes the individual more comfortable.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
The deal is the price, not a guaranteed ship date. You still get the price so you still get the deal. They also publish these deals way in advance, to give a chance to go ahead and get it the first day. I am glad they are so successful, as the deals going over so well is in my belief the reason they have them. If they didn’t run out of stock on things they put on sale, next year the sale might not exist. I am with you guys though that I don’t like to wait for anything, but I consider their site being successful as a win win for everyone. Time will tell obviously, and it is fair to say I have been wrong before.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
FWIW I had posted the "Hy, Lookie" thread on this six days ago. I still have no confirmation that my order was shipped. I am probably going to have to e-mail them to remind them that they sold me stuff. Like I did with my last order on their Stokkebye bulk sale. I realize they are in a transition state right now, but I am more than frstrated. o(

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yaz:
if I had to place an order TODAY it would go to Rich at 4noggins with NO hesitation.

Tell me about it. I just dropped a bundle at Rich's since late February!

Yet, the Hearth & Home line will ensure our patronage in P&C's future.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
javajunkie,
Same here. I placed an order early last month with P&C. It took three weeks before I heard a word from them concerning that order. That was after sending 3 emails asking when it might be shipped.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
P&C was the first site to capture my attention when I got into pipes - I loved all their background info. But, by the time I was ready to place my first internet order, they'd already been sold and started to make the move. Then so came the stories of delays.
Instead, I've been using Smokingpipes and have been pretty happy - love their wishlist feature!
I hope things do shake out at P&C though, those H&H blends do look inviting...

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I'm another who's been dissatisfied with P&C lately. Two orders in the past month were not handled well. After waiting a week for a delivery notice on one order, I was forced to email them. I did get an apology and it finally shipped the next day - so I forgave (and tried to forget).
Placed another order a week later - once again no shipment notice. After a week I emailed them only to find my order is on backorder (was in stock when I order it). No email, no heads up that it was out of stock.
I did get an apology, and I understand that they're only human, but they've got to realize they're dropping the ball and likely losing business.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I placed an order, small order a couple weeks ago. It was for some old Ironsides. Two tins of it was all.
Due to the unavailability to get Dans OI, I called the next day and spoke to a gentleman to confirm my rider was good and BOTH tins would be shipped. He said yes, it should go out by tomorrow. Cool. Fast forward four days, and still no order, no word on it. So I call again, and speak to the same gentlemAn. He tells me my order is back ordered. They only have one tin for me and the planned on shipping my order when the other tin arrives. Ummmm, I don't know if anyone knows this, but I've seen Old Ironsides twice in the past year. He said they could ship one now and place the other on back order.
Long story short, I made two calls, my card was charged for two tins, no one from PC called me, I called them.

Sorry guys, but you've lost my business. I understand stock and availability issues because of the transition and move, but customer service is lacking in general. Russ makes an appearance here often, an I know he would take care of any issue he could, but he can't do the job of others because they won't do it themselves.
Russ is a great guy, but PC has lost my business for a long time. It may not matter to them, because its only two tins a month or so plus the occasional tin here and there of something new, but it's gone. So is my recommendation from ordering there, because I can't on good consciousness .

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
I've had good service from P & C and have bought many pounds from them. It got my goat when they recently had an out of stock on a recent Stokkebye sale, yet their new owner had the tobacco in stock. It smelled like a bait and switch to me. Come and look for the low price but find largely out of stock icons, and they hope you will order something to try. I realize they were still in different locations for shipping, but they could have coordinated their stock.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah i bought some Dunhill tins the first day of the sale. I'm fine with waiting for the back order but I dont like that I havent even received an order/backorder email yet. that is just lousy service.

Status
Not open for further replies.