PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I appreciate any sales because I understand the difficulties for the vendors in just making a profit. I don’t work for free so I don’t expect them to either. But sometimes I just can’t be tempted or I don’t really need anything so my money stays home. That’s part of the difficulty for merchants since they have only a certain number of tools in their toolbox to influence a buyer and none of them work well if a buyer doesn’t want or need to buy. Meh, this season I’m not feeling the need. I bought two tins and some pipe cleaners at a B&M last week because I was there. Hadn’t tried either blend but I wouldn’t have probably bought them online even on sale.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I thinks it's a decent sale if you are cellaring something that's readily available, but in my experience the good stuff or harder to procure stuff will be available after the sale is over. It's happened to me several times after placing decent sized orders and then the esoterica drops in a day or two afterwards. Coincidence, I think not. Marketing..for sure!

I think the sale was very attractive to me for three reasons
  1. Cigars - I am new to cigars, but what I have seen is fast moving mid ranged cigars are always on sale on websites that specialize on cigars, but highly sought after brands are almost never on sale. 20% blanket site wide sale on cigars was great
  2. The tobacco that I plan to cellar actively for the next few months (Reiner Long Golden Flake) is cheaper in Smoking Pipes than most other online vendors
  3. I have bought tins 99% of the time before now. I am now diversifying more into bulks. When you move from tins to bulk all prices look attractive and then 10% is an additional sweetener

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's always that critical question. Is there something you were planning to buy anyway? If so, ten percent is pretty good, covers some of the shipping. Fifteen or twenty percent is getting more serious. Formulating your own intentions on an ongoing basis is good, so you aren't just buying some damn thing for its price, but are waiting your time, so when the price is right, you jump.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I thinks it's a decent sale if you are cellaring something that's readily available, but in my experience the good stuff or harder to procure stuff will be available after the sale is over. It's happened to me several times after placing decent sized orders and then the esoterica drops in a day or two afterwards. Coincidence, I think not. Marketing..for sure!
Back in March, Tobacco Pipes had 20% off sale during a GH and Esoterica drop.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Good for you, isn't a good sale compared to what they had last month, I just don't understand why it isn't as good as last months
They fluctuate. SPC rotates sales on bulk all year. Sutliff, Stokkebye, and C&D are usually each on sale four times per year outside of holiday sales.

Reactions: Casual

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Who needs Esoterica when you have WCC... Seriously, I love WCC's blends. And I don't even need to sacrifice a virgin in a medieval forest on the first full moon of the summer solstice to make them show up.

I think the SP sale is a fine one. Right now, I am doing the indecisive dork thing trying to choose between an estate on SP and a new pipe on TobaccoPipes.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
I took advantage of SmokingPipes 15% off all pipes. I purchased a new Savinelli Autograph for 10% less than I would have normally received. I was eyeing up the pipe for a while.

BTW, if anyone is interested, Savinelli.it is having a 25% off all pipes until Sunday. That is a fantastic deal if you ask me! I picked up 2 from that sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.