PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I’m pretty much a burley smoker, 60% of the time, it works every time.

If I want a change of pace, I’ll reach for something Lakeland’s. Very rarely do I feel like something with Latakia, maybe in the evening or a cold winters morning. Normally it’s just too much.

While working on a window today I felt like a bowl and just loaded up with whatever was closest. Turned out to be something homemade, with Latakia and dark fired at the forefront.

Now I want to ditch my cellar and replace it with English blends.

Time for a nap, before loading up again and getting back to it

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Sounds like a great blend. Nice that some of your homemade blends are really striking a chord. I have also found English blends to be very enjoyable. I just finished tins of Dunhill MM 965 and Frog Morton.
I should probably add I was near a can of paint stripper at the time...so this may or may not be responsible for the nirvana smoke

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I wish I enjoyed Latakia more. My first couple of years in the hobby were spent almost exclusively with English mixtures. The past 5 or 6 years have been almost all Va’s and VaPer’s. Anytime I go back to Latakia I am always left wanting. The fondness is still there but the taste is not. Maybe one day...

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Variety is the spice of life! Since starting the pipe a few months ago, I'm finding myself going through swings with Va/Va blends (and some Burley) and English/Balkan. Just a world of good blends to enjoy.

On weekend days devoted to unwinding with little in the way of responsibility, I find myself beginning with a lighter Va like Golden Glow, Orlik and the like through VaPer or VaOr (and maybe some Solani ABF or ODF/BK) and then rounding out the evening with a few fingers of tipple and something Latakia-based. Nightcap, Quiet Nights & Balkans have shown themselves to be excellent for delighting a worn out palate before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.