PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR1296

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2019
Mississippi
I usually smoke english blends but I'm wanting a good aromatic I can smoke in the house on the rainy days that's pleasing to others.
I wanted to support The Country Squire since they are in my home state. So I placed a small order to test the waters.
I ordered Blue Ribbon, Seersucker, Hunting Creek (english aromatic), and Shepherd's Pie (Full english).
Has anyone on here tried any of these?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Didn't care for Blue Ribbon that much, to much of an strong aro for me. That's just a personal taste consideration, you may love it. Hunting Creek however, is one of my favorite blends from them. Let us know what you think when you try them.

Reactions: JR1296

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I have an ounce of Hunting Creek, but I haven't tried it yet. I have tried Figgy Pudding, Rivendell, Sweet Maple Twist, and Second Breakfast, and I love them all. Very impressed with their offerings.

JR1296

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2019
Mississippi
Didn't care for Blue Ribbon that much, to much of an strong aro for me. That's just a personal taste consideration, you may love it. Hunting Creek however, is one of my favorite blends from them. Let us know what you think when you try them.
I doubled up on the hunting creek. It sounded to good.

Reactions: agnosticpipe

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I haven't tried any of those in particular, although Shepard's Pie is on my list to try out. I did recently order Figgy Pudding, Northwest Trek and Rivendell. So far, those 3 have been outstanding.

geo4

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2019
I can't comment on those tobaccos, but I can certainly recommend the business. I've placed a few orders with them which have been delivered very quickly without a problem.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I love both Shepard’s pie and Hunting creek. Hunting creek always gets lots of compliments from bystanders! Haven’t tried the others but Country Squire gets an A+ in my book!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now I want to order some Hunting Creek with all the comments on it.

Here's my review of Hunting Creek:
The brown sugary black cavendish is the lead component. The nutty, earthy, woody burley is a supporting player. The grassy, citrusy Virginia is a secondary player. The smoky, woody, earthy sweet Cyprian Latakia is a condiment that plays a slight bit above its station. The vanilla topping seems to be the most prominent, but I notice a little nougat, light chocolate, and something else I can’t put my taste buds on, but it seems have a fruit note. The toppings sublimate the tobaccos quite a lot, though they do allow them to mildly peek through. That’s especially true for the Latakia. The strength is in the center of mild to medium, while the taste barely reaches the medium mark. The nic-hit is a slot below the strength threshold. Won’t bite or get harsh, and has no dull moments or rough edges. Burns cool and clean at a reasonable pace with a very consistent sweet, lightly creamy, mildly rich flavor with a hint of savoriness that translates to the lightly lingering after taste. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. The room note may make you a few friends. An all day smoke. Three and a half stars.

JR1296

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2019
Mississippi
I'm out of town now, so it all should be waiting on me in the mailbox when I get home this weekend.

JR1296

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2019
Mississippi
So far I have tried the Blue Ribbon and Seersucker. Me not being a aromatic fan I have to say I like these for what they are. I haven't developed my palate enough to give a good review on the favors I get from them. I just know if I like something or not. I can say I like them enough to come back to them. Both burned very well with minimum re-lights without letting them dry out any. No bite. Great room note. Blue Ribbon reminded me of Newminster's blackberry brandy on a diet. Both would be great for someone starting out smoking a pipe for the first time. Me being mostly a English and barley guy I was desiring something stronger or more bold.

Reactions: Bowie
Jun 23, 2019
I usually smoke english blends but I'm wanting a good aromatic I can smoke in the house on the rainy days that's pleasing to others.
I wanted to support The Country Squire since they are in my home state. So I placed a small order to test the waters.
I ordered Blue Ribbon, Seersucker, Hunting Creek (english aromatic), and Shepherd's Pie (Full english).
Has anyone on here tried any of these?

Shepard's Pie is very tasty to me.

Another suggestion: you might wanna tr "mixed bowls", I'm typing this while puffing on half DH Baby's Bottom mixed with half G&H Kentucky Nougat.

M

Marindas

So far I have tried the Blue Ribbon and Seersucker. Me not being a aromatic fan I have to say I like these for what they are. I haven't developed my palate enough to give a good review on the favors I get from them. I just know if I like something or not. I can say I like them enough to come back to them. Both burned very well with minimum re-lights without letting them dry out any. No bite. Great room note. Blue Ribbon reminded me of Newminster's blackberry brandy on a diet. Both would be great for someone starting out smoking a pipe for the first time. Me being mostly a English and barley guy I was desiring something stronger or more bold.

For a Latakia blend, I enjoy their Angry Cornishman blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.