I.P.S.D. Sales - How dysfunctional Were You?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I just wanted to stock up on some tobacco but everywhere i look seems to be out of things I want. such at 500g packs of marlin Flake or bulk eric stokebye evening flake or other virginia/vaper flakes wessex, F&T and others etc.

Beers 'N Briars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2021
Yakima, Washington
Full box of PS luxury navy flake, 2 tins each of Union Square, Escudo, Davidoff Flake Medallions, Chenet’s Cake, Sutliff Crumble Kake #3, and a full 8oz tin of Bayou Morning Flake. Also got an estate Bjarne delivered yesterday. All in all, not bad. I actually held back a bit because I’m traveling this week to scope a tobacconist I’ve not visited before as my own birthday treat to myself.

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Full box of PS luxury navy flake, 2 tins each of Union Square, Escudo, Davidoff Flake Medallions, Chenet’s Cake, Sutliff Crumble Kake #3, and a full 8oz tin of Bayou Morning Flake. Also got an estate Bjarne delivered yesterday. All in all, not bad. I actually held back a bit because I’m traveling this week to scope a tobacconist I’ve not visited before as my own birthday treat to myself.
Nice!

Reactions: Beers 'N Briars

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
About 20 tins in online orders.

A Wizard Cobbitt and another lighter, fluid, 4 rack pipe stand at a B&M I've stopped by a couple of times. Wanted to share the love in local fashion too.

And an online pipe purchase from an independent Canadian artisan I'd seen mentioned here. Hoping that comes through properly, didn't get a tracking # yet...

'Twas my finances that led to a little restraint rather than wisdom.

KaunThePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2022
New England
www.instagram.com
I didn't drop any cash at all?? I made a Italian briar billiard, but unfortunately there was a sand pitting that went right into the chamber, so that one got scrapped... It'll make for good briar dust fill in the future... Then I went back to the bench and made a Mimmo briar Dublin with a mahogany stain and a titanium swirl bent saddle stem. My current dysfunction is I can't stop making pipes, lol! ?PXL_20220221_225524885.jpgPXL_20220221_225530666.MP.jpgPXL_20220221_225544190.MP.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I ended up picking up:

2 Sir Walter Raleigh Regular 7oz tubs
1 Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic 7 oz tub
2 oz 7 Seas Regular
2 oz 7 Seas Royal
2 oz Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match
1 Barbary Coast 2oz tin
2 packs BJ Long Regular Pipe Cleaners

As someone who came to pipe smoking from cigarettes I never really got into aromatics. The only two I tried (early on so I probably didn’t pack/light it right) we’re BCA and 1Q. They both ended up in the trash. I had a pouch of SWRA a few months ago and really liked it so I figured I’d try some of the 7 seas blends as well. Barbary coast will be a first for me as well.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I didn't take advantage of any retail sales but I did win a couple eBay auctions over the weekend.
Landed a '61 Group 3 Shell Briar bulldog for a song.
I've also been wanting a pot for a while now - scored one from Pipestud - an early Comoys Everyman with a neat blast for $60.

JSPiper71

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Happy belated IPSD, my first! A good friend will be in FLA next week, so I took advantage of the sale at P&Cs and nabbed the following for him to mule back to the land of the oppressive nanny government north of the 49th parallel:

2 x Plum Pudding/Bengal Slices sampler packs
1 x Elizabethan Mixture
1 x Dunhill Early Morning Pipe Tobacco
1 x Mac Baren HH Burley Flake
1 x Presbyterian Pipe Tobacco

Nice little haul for me as I continue to explore the amazing blends that are out there.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I cannot remember the last time I bought anything to celebrate this holiday.
I never pay attention to the adds for it. I did recently get another pipe commissioned from Jack Howell that was a couple of weeks ago. I have 2 more in his cue which will take a couple of more weeks.