PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
At the moment I have about 25 Mason jars with various blends that I like, and a big air sealed container with all of my blending tobacco's, which amount to about 2 or 3 lbs. However, I want to start really putting the stuff away, but I don't have room for more jars. I smoke about 1/2 a lbs a month, sometimes less. If I start buying pounds, is there some kind of bag I can put it in, and then puts those bags in a sealed container I can shove in my attic?

I really enjoy burleys, especially D&R and C&D. What are some good blends they make that I can get pound bags of? I enjoy Virgina flakes too, and I'm considering buying some pound bags of sutliff Virginia slices. Any other kinds I can find pounds of that are sorta like that?

And to a lesser extent in the vein, a decent serviceable English too.
Any advice?

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Mylar bags may be an option for you and please do not store in theattic. The extreme temperature fluctuations will be no bueno for your stash, not to mention wild humidity changes. You could store plastic bins onder your bed. As far as a good bulk English, I would give My Mixture 965 match a try.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
And to a lesser extent in the vein, a decent serviceable English too.
Any advice?

I had this thought too.. I don't smoke them often, but when I do they all taste the same. Taste change, and who knows? maybe I'll wish I had a few more pounds of english.

I bought a few bags of Best of the Rest English... Just to hedge my stockpile. The bags I've bought seem a lot like Balkan Supreme.. Definetly a lat bomb, which is what I want when I'm in the mood for an english blend. I believe BOTR is not a bag of scraps, but a P&C store brand of whatever they can buy for cheap. So it could change from time to time.. but I had good luck.

Reactions: Effortlessdepths
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Wow, I barely get any latakia from Balkan Supreme. I always found it to be a heavily Oriental forward blend.

Maybe I can't taste for shit.. I should have added that to my recommendation.

When latakia is used as anything other than just a tiny amount, the blend mostly taste like latakia.. to me. So maybe My definition of a lat bomb is different. All that shit taste the same to me, man.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Maybe I can't taste for shit.. I should have added that to my recommendation.

When latakia is used as anything other than just a tiny amount, the blend mostly taste like latakia.. to me. So maybe My definition of a lat bomb is different. All that shit taste the same to me, man.
Yeah, that's why I can't stand it unless it's blended in condiment amounts. It easily overpowers a blend. That's why I never take reviews seriously, taste is too subjective for me to make a purchase based on another's opinion.