PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodbuster3

Might Stick Around
Nov 10, 2016
I have a few basket pipes and a couple decent older pipes but was wandering what a good make would be for a new pipe the best quality for the lowest cost. I want a pipe to dedicate to just smoke Virginia and Va/Per out of

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Some of those Chacoms look good, and if I could get another one of these "University" unfinished pipes...

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I am personally a big fan of Sébastien Beo (which are apparently sold out right now) and Ropp. They are both great manufacturers and produce excellent pipes, especially for their price.
Edit: I should clarify that Ropp is technically manufactured by Chacom; made up mainly of unfinished bowls from the 50s, 60s and 70s that have been "discovered" in storage, finished and finally brought to market.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Another vote for Savinelli. I've yet to find a bad smoker from them.
For even less, LaRocca. Visually they scream machine made (not necessarily in a bad way), but they're light and smoke well.
For even less, check out Bjarne Vikings. I got a group of these as "don't-give-a-damn" pipes for outdoors. Apart from the occasional quality issue (I had one that leaked moisture that required fixing with a file, and another that required aggressive break-in probably due to stain in the tobacco chamber under the bowl coating) I've been very happy with these pipes.
I've yet to buy a Dr. Grabow that didn't smoke well. Great pipes for the price, if you don't mind open draw and a slightly smaller bowl/chamber. Just remember to remove the filter.
And, of course, you've got Missouri Meerschaum. The Legends, Washington's, and naked Prides are fine pipes, but I recommend springing a little extra for the Country Gents and Mark Twains.
:puffy:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Deathmetal. I just got my university pipe and so far it's not bad. I'm dedicating it to my work pipe cause of all the fills in it. It's very light, and I think I week really like it when it's fully broken in.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
IMHO, you can't buy a better smoking pipe for less money than a Missouri Meerschaum Cob.
For primarily Va's and VaPer's, the Diplomat 5th Avenue is perfect. (Slightly taller & more narrow bowl)
pm-pmmdiplo-5-bnt.png

rodbuster3

Might Stick Around
Nov 10, 2016
Snagstangl i was thinking under 100 50 better i do have to cobs and was thinking about going that route.There os a nording smooth natural for 42 bucks i think i might pull the trigger on

Status
Not open for further replies.