I Love the Shape of This Pipe, But......

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
A good pipe lighter would get it done, no problem. If affordable, I'd smoke it.
There are lots of different approaches with bowl coatings. I use (and have personally revised) an all food-grade coating which was developed by a pipe makers guild. About 9 of 10 guys say they get zero taste from it...and when that one super-sensitive guy smokes one, it's only a very mildly sweet taste that's detected. Haven't had one friend or customer ask me to remove it yet, and I've been using it for a few years. But I know...lots of you hate the very idea of a coating. I'd personally rather not taste the grain myself, but to each his own.

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I often use a BBQ butane lighter -, the ones with the 4 inch flexible end. Very easy to direct the flame over the centre of the bowl.

A pack of 4 is available at Costco for next to nothing.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Bowl Coatings are proof that the Great Fiend Satan continues to lead astray many people who are otherwise fine citizens.

calabashed

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2015
I'd light it with a small hemp wick, I use em all the time, keep a tea light candle going to light the wick. I use this guy here to hold my candles while I smoke, can light one handed even easier than striking a match or lighter.
IMG_1941.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.