PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I was browsing a retailer the other day, and it popped up on their page that they had Bengal Slices in stock. So, I had to get some. It just showed up today. I probably won't smoke them for a bit, as it's sooooo cold here. It's been below 0F for weeks. I want to give it a relaxed try. But I can say I'm impressed but the tin art. I'm loving the black/gold/red colors and very impressed by the embossed artwork on the sticker. (yes, this is crap I look at) I love that it has an old school look and feel. I find a lot of the 'newer' tin art weak. They will just throw a photo on the tin and take a lunch.
Anyway, I look forward to sampling it. Now, if I fall in love, hopefully I can get more.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You have to look for the special label around the edge of the tin in very small writing that says 'Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania Ltd as successors to El Crappo Tobacco Unlimited Ltd do not accept this product if it does not bare the imprint and girth size of the respective board members penises!' otherwise it is definitely a Russian or Chinese knock off. :rofl:

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
311noz6.jpg

It seemed legit to me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
do not accept this product if it does not bare the imprint and girth size of the respective board members penises
Presuming that would be in millimeters?
And was "bare" an intentional typo? A Freudian slut as it were?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Good lord Dan I thought all those prototype tins had been sold to that German fellow we met at the Chicago Pipe Show. You remember the one I insulted by telling him he couldn't have any tins and when he asked why I said it was because his lot had lost the war!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Damn that's why I found a shard of Crack Rock in my Bengals Slices. Smoked that shit and stayed up for two days. Ordered two more tins and the shit was a bomb. :mrgreen:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Perdurabo, that would be from our brief association with the "El Chapo Tobacco and Other Stuff Co.". We haven't been able to contact their CEO for a while though, so we've had to eliminate the Cracker Jack prizes for now.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That was the nice Mexican fellow who wanted us to launch a line of cannabis infused pipe tobaccos under the name 'El Chapo's Own Blend' and when we tried the prototype out on Jim Inks he kept saying 'Wow. Big dogs. Big dogs! I need a young priest and a large padded chair....' followed by endless Edward G Robinson impressions. We thought it wise to decline the Mexican fellows offer! :rofl:

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
unkleyoda, did you go to Eaux Claires festival? I'm a huge Bon Iver fan. And Bengal Slices fan!

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
unkleyoda, did you go to Eaux Claires festival? I'm a huge Bon Iver fan. And Bengal Slices fan!
I went the first year, not really my scene. I took the picture at my local watering hole, they have Eaux Claires glasses, among other stuff. I live in Eau Claire. Justin is my cousin.
Have you been to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.