PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
So, in my spare spare time, I spend I looking for vintage tins of tobaccos I love or think I will love. It has proven oh so fruitful time and time again, but never like it did over the past two days.
A source, who shall remain unnamed and tools weeks of prying to ind, I have hit the Dunhill tobacco jackpot. Here is the list, and I hope people don't think I'm bragging, because I am not, I am just excited and so thrilled my hardwork for tobacco has paid off.
17 tins of Ye Olde Sign, dating from 1960 to 1970.

5 tin of Dunhill Standard Full, from the 1970s

1 tin of Cuba mixture (1167) from the 1960s

10 tins of Royal Yacht, also from the 1960s and 70s

5 tins of Mr Alfred Own Mixture from the 70s
On top of that, I also got 1 tin of John Cotton Charter from the 1960s, 15 tins of three versions of Dobies Four Square, as well as 5 tins each of Sullivan's gentlemans mixture and No.00 mixture.
I got these tins at a steal, all vacuum sealed and right, from a gentleman personal cellar, all for less than a couple artisan pipe, say Roush or Rad.
I will post pictures when it arrives, as well as share the joys with anyone who wants to try some of these out. I will NOT be turning these around for profit, these are for smoking pleasure for years to come.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice haul!!!
I would love to try the Dunhill Standard Mixture Full. That is one tobacco I have never been able to snag. You are in for a serious treat with the Cuba and Mr. Alfred's Own, both top rate blends.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
HOLY COW! That's like finding the Lost Dutchman Mine. Good for you. Now you have to decide what to do with this lode. Personally, I'd enjoy them with good friends but the vintage market will be tempting. Keep us posted, please.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Wow! What an awesome steal! I have never smoked any tobacco as old as that, but sure look forward to the day when I can. Hope that the baccy treats you well :)
-Frank

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Rest assured that it wil all be smokes.
Samples will be sent I'm sure.
I have no interest in selling these tins for profit.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Thanks guys, the gentleman has more tins of some things, I will ask if it I ok to forward information to those interested.
My TAD for the year I done though:(

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Chubb:
No serious smoker/member here would ever consider your post a brag. On the contrary, we celebrate your good fortune.
Way to go, brother. You've scored some tobaccos I've only read about. Please post reviews as you crack those tins.
Please?
Fnord

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Thanks again guys.
I will post reviews as I go through them.
Kevin

You can hate me, either way I will enjoy the tobaccos just the same ;)
Iam itching to try some Ye Olde Signe.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
LOL @ Kevin. :)
Nice score man. I have to admit that I am more than a little jealous. HAHAHAHA!

Status
Not open for further replies.