PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
It's starting to piss me off. I have Covid for the 2nd time in 30 days. I have had 2 weeks sickness free since November 1st. I have had sinus infections, Flus, other flus, and the damn Rona.

I am tired of being sick. I am eating yogurt every day because I swear I have had every anti-biotic known to man in the last 80 some days.

/vent off

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Damn. Sorry to hear and hoping you feel better. Man, I’m in a State as densely populated as India and I feel cheated! — I haven’t caught it yet! My wife had it last Christmas but not me.

What the hell is going on in Tennessee?
Seems like a crap shoot. Had it for the only time last August, (despite being vaccinated up the wazoo). My wife, also vaccinated, didn't. Am assuming I got it from 1 or both of our grandkids-grandson and his son who live with us seemed to get it first. Later, both got the flu while neither my wife nor I did-again both of us vaccinated as was our great grandson.

Reactions: Briar Lee

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
That sucks balls. I'm just getting over some kind of sinus/lung infection myself AGAIN. Haven't smoked in 9 days (until today). Lost my sense of taste AGAIN. I know the feeling. Seems like someone in my family, if not me has been sick constantly since about August when we all had the Rona and I felt like hell for a good 6 weeks. My lungs are not in great shape now. I think what this is the result of is 2 years of lockdowns. I was never sick throughout the pandemic because we never saw anyone. I think our immune systems are just trying to catch up from 2 years of isolation. Take care and get well.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's starting to piss me off. I have Covid for the 2nd time in 30 days. I have had 2 weeks sickness free since November 1st. I have had sinus infections, Flus, other flus, and the damn Rona.

I am tired of being sick. I am eating yogurt every day because I swear I have had every anti-biotic known to man in the last 80 some days.

/vent off
Sorry to hear you're sick, but if you think you have the "Rona" because you tested positive on one of those bullshit PCR tests, it means absolutely nothing. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. Those tests are total horseshit.

If you have typical cold/flu symptoms, you have a cold or flu. Good chance you're low on Vit D like most people. Take a bunch of high quality D & C. Rest and fluids. Get well soon...and stop worrying about the "Rona".

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People keep talking like it's over, and it ain't so. I can't tell if people keep passing around new variants or the same virus hides out in the body and comes back in an episodic long Covid. At one time we thought you had it, or were vaccinated, and there was herd immunity. The 1918 flu surged and then disappeared. This is different.

Restored health to you and your folks. Immunity be with you.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Take it easy. Try to stay away from the grandkids for a bit. Younger kids tend to carry germs by truckload not by fault, but that's what school is all about. Atomic wedgie and passing cuddies around.

Reactions: Briar Lee

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My wife and I have likely contracted Covid and had no symptoms, because we’ve each had our five shots.

As of January 26 not fully vaccinated Americans are three times more likely to be diagnosed positive and five times more likely to die from Covid. 500 Americans a day have died from Covid in January.

B9F6610B-307C-4F61-AA7B-B3D6C48C3B09.jpeg

I’m grateful I’m older than the idea of not getting your shots.

Back when I was a kid we had no other option, than to get our shots.

Before or after the ass whipping, we still were going to get our shots, regardless.:)

• Love
Reactions: huckleberry

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

/vent off
damn man. I got it twice over a couple of years and that pissed me off. I swear too the second time was more painful but less serious. Get better Dang it.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
The only time I "had the Corona Virus" I didn't know I was sick. My wife had it, and made me test for it. I never would have known otherwise.

I spent most of that time in the garage enjoying my pipe. "Quarantining"

That was me last Christmas. Wife was in her 10 days of isolation and me in the garage with all that tobacco! I’d read that nicotine protects from Covid so… I upped my game!

Ruined our Christmas but I eerily enjoyed the quiet and the proper fog I created. 10 days of pipe medication. Or was that medication? It worked. I’ve never had Covid

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
My wife and I have likely contracted Covid and had no symptoms, because we’ve each had our five shots.

As of January 26 not fully vaccinated Americans are three times more likely to be diagnosed positive and five times more likely to die from Covid. 500 Americans a day have died from Covid in January.

View attachment 197636

I’m grateful I’m older than the idea of not getting your shots.

Back when I was a kid we had no other option, than to get our shots.

Before or after the ass whipping, we still were going to get our shots, regardless.:)
Those stats are NOT even close to worthy of looking at. The CDC's numbers are hot garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.