PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
greatly remiss in acknowledging the wonderfull little pipe I received as my winning prize for October's caption contest.
It is a panel-sided, rusticated, straight stem pipe and it smokes wonderful.
The great thing about it is it is a pipe that I would have passed on buying because I would have thought it too small and it had a straight stem. But because it was gifted to me so to speak I felt obligated to at least try it and I am glad I did.
Because the bowl was smaller it was a nice 40 minute smoke, no gurgle and it smoked my luxury flake down to grey ash.
I am going to keep a much more open mind to the smaller bowl pipes now, and I want to thank all involved for this wonderfull little pipe that has earned a solid spot in my rotation.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Glad to hear. Little pipes have their place in the rotation for me. They come in handy for that late night smoke when it's 0 F outside and/or for smoking 1792 and Irish Flake :mrgreen:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Smaller pipes are great for smoking flakes. My smallest is a group 3 and I can still get 45 minutes plus out of it. My group 5's will give me an hour and a half smoke. The biggest I have now are a few group 6's and those are good for 2 hours. I have gotten rid of all my large pipes that were ODA and bigger, they just don't smoke flakes as well for me.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on winning the contest. I hope you enjoy the pipe you received. An excellent prize.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
kinda off topic, but harris, when you say 2 hours of smoking, how many relights would that be? i can only get about 30 mins haha

caliban

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
Right, R.C. Stan.. Small pipes for flakes because they burn cool and don't need such a thick bowl.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
824062d1347915410-stain-rose-gold-michael-kors-watch-87838d1334008562-lake-harding-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures.jpg

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
The cadaverous Guy Pearce, Baron?
Really?
Granted, he's a talented actor and he starred in the best picture most folks have never seen, "The Proposition."
But here, he looks like he could've walked out of Bergen-Belsen in '45.
Okay, enough already. He's the new Robert DeNiro of cinematic weight loss.
Fnord

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
The cadaverous Guy Pearce, Baron?
Really?
Granted, he's a talented actor and he starred in the best picture most folks have never seen, "The Proposition."
But here, he looks like he could've walked out of Bergen-Belsen in '45.
Okay, enough already. He's the new Robert DeNiro of cinematic weight loss.
Fnord
Sounds like you missed out on Memento, one of the best movies I have ever watched.
But seriously we really need pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.