PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
So I recently posted in another thread that I agreed that what we often refer to as PAD or TAD is actually an addictive behavior and how I pretty much had it licked.

In the same thread, the OP mentioned that Squadron Leader might be available. So I headed to my trusty sites and found 42, 250g boxes available and bought 3 of them. Not a problem as it's a favorite that I'm almost out of.

FF to today. I go on Etsy which is a favorite haunt of mine for insane deals on pipes. I have bought a few recently but they were strategic and had been targeted for a while. Lo and behold there is a seller with a 1981 Peterson Mark Twain smooth in slightly rough shape (rim damage) and a 1984 Peterson Mark Twain rusticated in darn good shape. To make it completely irresistible, they are $25 apiece with free shipping from a mostly reputable seller.

Needless to say, they are now on the way to me. One will be kept (wifey's birth year) and one will be sold. I even might make a profit out of the deal.

My name is captainsousie and I have a problem.

Aug 1, 2012
Apparently I don't check for pipes there often enough because the few times I have there haven't been any really great deals.
What I do is leave the vintage pipe search up on my phone and computer sorted by newly listed. Whenever I check my email or this forum, I refresh and check the first page. This has netted me a lot of good deals and brought up a lot that I passed on figuring someone else needed it more than I did. I know I've missed out on a few great pipes but it got me deals like my Comoy's 498, my first pipe by a Latvian Carver and these.

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
What have I done with my topic... :eek:

Fun fact: I did not actually know whether Squadron Leader was available again. I was just trying to make a point. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.