PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
It sounds like this year doesn’t have perique which has been included in a lot lately. I’m mildly intrigued now.
:sher:From what little I can deduce off the label picture there's no way "with perique" could fit! Also I'd really like it to be just a straight Virginia, so it definitely will be. I rest my case.

Here's hoping anyway. Wonder if Cringle Flake will follow suit?

Reactions: fireground_piper

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Also, thanks to @DunhillPiper for including the instagram info, it's releasing Sept. 7 at 6 PM. So with CRF and Jolly Old Saint Nicholas it seems like C&D at least has made a departure from the previous midnight releases. The overly drowsy and west coast afflicted among us can rejoice.

Personally I preferred the midnight releases, it'll be interesting to see how fast these go at the more palatable for most people time slot.

DunhillPiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2019
USA
:sher:From what little I can deduce off the label picture there's no way "with perique" could fit! Also I'd really like it to be just a straight Virginia, so it definitely will be. I rest my case.

Cringle Flake 2022 coming Dec 3rd.

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
I got some of the CRFw/P last year but have never been able to get any w/o Perique. People rave about the straight Virginia version. I hope it is w/o Perique (and as good as previous straight Virginia versions) so I can finally try it.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Fresh out of a new tin, okay at best. New tin open for two to three weeks to allow it to breath. Pretty good. Two year old plus tin opened and allowed to breath, superb if you like the maple, sugary sweet and spicy taste of red virginia.
That seems to be the rule with C&D, needs some breathing time. Looks like I'll be loading up on this release provided the 6pm release doesn't crash SPC. Might try TPC first actually.

Slightly related but: when you say open a tin to breath for 2-3 weeks do you mean a tin that's jarred or just letting it sit in the C&D tin?

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Had my first bowl of this stuff last night in a brand new pipe and had a great experience. Sweet stuff, I was pretty skeptical but glad I obtained 5 tins. They probably wont last that long lol.

Reactions: briarfoxx

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I only got 3 tins, that leaves me a lb including previous releases after opening one. I opened a 2017 release of 2015 harvest - heavenly. That’s all I’ve smoked for 3 days. That’s really unusual for me.