PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
At NASPC. Aside from the way he wears a necktie, he’s just like a regular fellow, despite his worldwide notoriety. Seriously, what a nice guy. NASPC, for those of you who are able to get there, is a must see event, unless you don’t care for fun, pipes and tobacco.
Mike S.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Missed him again this year...grrr! But, on a positive note,.I did get to meet, and have a nice conversation with Regis McCafferty.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I met him at the New Orleans Pipe Show......he’s definitely overrated :lol: :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I believe he was interviewed by Pipes Magazine a few years ago and memorably said, when asked what pipes he smoked, he is more of a tobacco man than a pipe man so mostly he smokes the Stanwell's he's given at no cost at work.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I’m also very grateful that he shared the secret of his favorite blend with me.....Blakeneys Best Acadian Ribbon years before McClelland shut the doors. I actually grew quite fond of it and cellared a fair amount of Blakeneys Best Bayou Flake which I would have never discovered had it not been for Brian!

Reactions: artvandelay007

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
We’ll forward meeting dates for the “I met Brian Levine” support group shortly. Thanks for alerting us.
Seriously, though, Brian is good people and a ton of fun in a 175 pound package.
— Pat

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I was there most of the day Saturday and he was around but wasn't on the floor as much as usual. Still got a hello and a handshake passing by.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, that is apparent the moment you see him. Here he is being shy with the ladies from The Briar Patch, (Sacramento B+M)
wc6i0Q1.jpg

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Brian's a good guy. I actually found out a few years ago that he lived in my neighborhood at the time. He invited me over and we shared a couple of bowls together and some Makers 46. He also gave me a 100g tin of HH Vintage Syrian too since he can't stand Latakia (while I love it!). I've since moved so I've only run into him one other time at a pipe club meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.