New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s an alternative? The next best thing anyone’s used?
There are bulk jar companies online that sell to people who do small run production runs of jams and jellies to sell at farmer's markets. They are not the absolute same kind of jar, but glass is glass. The main difference is that they are not designed for repeat pressure canning... but that doesn't matter with how we use them. But, these types of jars are always in stock, and they are about 75% cheaper.

You can also chose your lids, and I would suggest one piece lids, as they are better designed for canning without a heat canner.

I should add that these jars are substantially lighter also.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
There are bulk jar companies online that sell to people who do small run production runs of jams and jellies to sell at farmer's markets. They are not the absolute same kind of jar, but glass is glass. The main difference is that they are not designed for repeat pressure canning... but that doesn't matter with how we use them. But, these types of jars are always in stock, and they are about 75% cheaper.

You can also chose your lids, and I would suggest one piece lids, as they are better designed for canning without a heat canner.

I should add that these jars are substantially lighter also.
For day to day scoop loading, I use these.
2E50E931-504B-4C00-91C1-7F3F3A9EBEA5.jpeg
But, in my washing these, I’ve learned they’re not water-tight. So they can’t be air-tight. So no long term storage in this type of jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.