PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Not only do i love the pipe, the entire family but me were from Boston, I lived there 18 yrs and worked right around the corner from this shop and the box is uber cool too! I payed about $50 more than i was planning but screw it why work if you can't buy the things you want.

s-l1600-3.pngs-l1600.pngs-l1600-1.pngs-l1600-2.png

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Not only do i love the pipe, the entire family but me were from Boston, I lived there 18 yrs and worked right around the corner from this shop and the box is uber cool too! I payed about $50 more than i was planning but screw it why work if you can't buy the things you want.

View attachment 193471View attachment 193472View attachment 193473View attachment 193474
Great looking pipe
Nothing better than a pipe with which you have a connection. 😍
Enjoypuffy

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts

View attachment 193471View attachment 193472View attachment 193473View attachment 193474
A beautiful pipe and a nice memory. Ehrlich was long one of the two great pipe shops in Boston, the other, of course, being Peretti. Ehrlich was , at once, both the more modern and Brahmin of the two, immediately bordering the King's Chapel Burial Ground. A large bent meerschaum replica hung from their sign on Tremont st (ostensibly the two shops stood at diagonal spots across the Boston Common) and their door handle was a large silver pipe. For many years a pipe maker, whose name now escapes me , worked in the front window of the shop. sadly long gone now, a piece of my hometown's history lost forever. Ehrlich had a sister shop, Leavitt & Peirce, on the Ivy League side of the river across from the gate to Harvard yard. It exists to this day, not bereft of charm, but, sadly, a shell of its former glory. And L.J. Peretti continues on...

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Received the pipe today and have to say it's even more gorgeous in person, am a little disappointed that he didn't include the original box with the pipe, i shot him a message on eBay asking about the box, kind of lame. Oh and the tobacco was randomly from someone here that has issues so i'll leave it here rather than making a big deal out of it.94120C68-307D-43A3-88AD-CB63EF53B6A5.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Received the pipe today and have to say it's even more gorgeous in person, am a little disappointed that he didn't include the original box with the pipe, i shot him a message on eBay asking about the box, kind of lame. Oh and the tobacco was randomly from someone here that has issues so i'll leave it here rather than making a big deal out of it.View attachment 194019

The listing said the box wasn't included or "available yet."

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
This looks like a great combination. The pipe looks already broken in, so you don't deal with the horrible meer dust taste, yet it has no coloring yet other than the rim! Perfect!

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus