PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I have a serious dilemma! I recently came into some money and I need help choosing a pipe, whatever The Brotherhood decides I will abide by but I cant seem make the decision myself! All I have right now are two Mr Brog 30 dollar specials and I have been enjoying pipes so much I feel the need to get a serious smoking machine. The choice is between a Nording Freehand Churchwarden and the Peterson Rusticated Dracula in the 606 or 107. Thank you for your patience with a beginner, I have been having to call upon The Brotherhood quite a bit as of late!

Dec 24, 2012
I vote for the Pete, but beware my friend - The Sinister Six do not like free votes on the site. They feel such slouching toward democracy could jeopardize their exalted position on here. Frankly, I am putting myself at extreme risk by even warning you. Undoubtedly, I will have to change my identity and log on as someone else now, lest my family be persecuted for my sins. We can't hide from their evil tentacles. They are everywhere and watching everything we do.
I have to go now.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I'll toss a vote for the nording, although I'd get a regular sized freehand (actually, I DID get one-and love it! Didn't even know they came in churchwardens). I personally am not wild about the draculas. If you want, though, go w/ a pete churchwarden, you won't regret it!

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I'm not a fan of either myself as well, but if you narrowed it down I would go with the Pete, now if you want to go quality without paying a lot go estate it's the best bet for the money.

~Ron

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Peterson or better yet go with the wise words of samcoffeeman and pick up a Stanwell. They are great pipes.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I like churchwardens just fine, and like Roth am turned off by the painted finish on the Dracula. So if you're in love with both, and can't choose between 'em, then my vote is cast with the Nording Warden.
I also echo the many voices who are encouraging you to broaden your search a bit. There are some great pipes for good prices around.
Good luck!
-- Pat

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Check out these pipes
http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/dept?dpt=H&srch=KW&search_text=autograph

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I come back from my delicious bowl of Frog Morton's Cellar and am amazed the question blew up this much! Had quite a laugh reading some of these! Peckin and Saintpeter had my wife investigating the disturbance I was making! I do appreciate the other options being mentioned Roth and SamCoffeeMan and I am liking the look of that Stanwell that was linked but I may have to save that for the next purchase... I dont see myself getting out of this habit any time soon! Apparently The Brotherhood has spoken and the Dracula it must be! The choice is out of my hands and I'll be sure to let my wife know that it was entirely your fault for making me purchase a pipe! I'm sure she'll believe me if I speak with enough conviction...

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I'm going to cast my vote for a write in....get a nice Meerschaum.
That outta put your knickers in a knot for at least another couple of days.
Whatever you decide, post pictures!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
+ 1 for Roth's suggestion of Briar Blues.
Check out their On Sale Link as well. It is under Pipes tab shown on the home page.
Many good values for unsmoked and estate pipes.
I hope you enjoy the pipe you select regardless of the brand or company that you buy it from.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
For me, I would recommend you "invest" your windfall in a Claudio Cavicchi.

I will not disparage Peterson pipes, but I have never had one that I actually liked.
That being said: I agree with Roadqueen.

Whatever you decide, post pictures!

:puffy:

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Roth had a great suggestion.
I know you're asking for a or b, so as much as I want to tell you to pick c, I'll vote.
The Nording.

Status
Not open for further replies.