PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I needed a new watch for work, my shitty Timex broke and my job sucks without the ability to tell time at a glance.

Check it out!

61zxPFm1hBL.jpg

I love the industrial 'git 'er done' look the movement has.

81c8arYRmlL-1.png

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I always loved exhibition case backs where you can see the gears move, its too bad you don't get to see it when you're wearing the watch.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good choice, those automatic Seiko's are nice. I have a quarts stainless Seiko divers watch that is 20 years old and I wear it regularly - yours should last even longer!

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Cool watch! Besides pipes, my current interest is watchmaking. I've started collecting antique pocket watches. My goal is to learn watch cleaning and repair, and build a clock.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Thanks for all the compliments, I've always liked Seiko watches, I had a kinetic chrono when I was a teenager. Super surprising that I found an automatic in my work watch price range! My only complaint is that the movement is non hacking.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
Very nice. I've had two Seiko's over the past 15 years. Unfortunately, neither survived my "adventures" over seas. Not a knock on their product. There's very few watches in the world that survive explosions.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Very nice. I've had two Seiko's over the past 15 years. Unfortunately, neither survived my "adventures" over seas. Not a knock on their product. There's very few watches in the world that survive explosions.

PANERAI! For ten g's it better be explosion proof. I'm hoping this Seiko is 'smacking against steel racking and doorframes' proof!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I hate things around my wrists too, but like I said, the alternative is my job being at least 150% worse. I've actually started to get used to it, and only have tiny freak outs about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.