PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Sunday afternoon I got a text from an ex girlfriend informing me that against all odds (trying for seven years, medical impossibility type odds) she is pregnant with a boy. We broke up because I wanted kids of my own, but she couldn't have any. There were some other factors but that was the main one. Didn't want to let it get too far if we couldn't have children together, but here we are!

She is confined to bed rest so this week sometime I'll be moving in with her and her daughter. She asked if we were going to be a family or "co parent". I said I don't know what co parenting is and we're not going to even try! The true measure of a man is his ability and willingness to support a family, and I'm more than ready to try my hand at the task. Not like I've been secretly wanting kids for the last 20 years or anything...

It's not all roses however, due to the nature of the pregnancy we won't be out of the woods until he is born basically. The doctors put a five month window on it saying that after then things would be better, but I'm just going to pray for the duration of the ordeal. Just in case!

Anyway, there it is! OneGoodBulldog is going to be a Dad. If I start complaining more and talking about how things were in my day, well now you know why!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One of the benefits of having standards I suppose. I don't keep company with loose women. I also ninja edit my spelling mistakes before anyone can quote me.
No standards or lack thereof implied. If child support, medical issues, or legal implications ensue it's good to have all bases covered for both you and the child.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
No standards or lack thereof implied. If child support, medical issues, or legal implications ensue it's good to have all bases covered for both you and the child.

Congratulations! And I agree with the above. If you think the measure of a man is his ability and willingness to support a family, that is a great thing. Understand though that measure is far greater for the one who some how discovers he's supporting a family he has discovered is not his own.

DangerStranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
...I don't keep company with loose women.
Maybe the other guy does... Seriously though; you state that she has a daughter. So your definition is different than mine.

1623176795032.png

I also ninja edit my spelling mistakes before anyone can quote me.
Nah, just added a word. Not an ninja, more of a ronin.

Although not a fan I think Kanye has a point.
"Eighteen years, eighteen years
She got one of your kids, got you for eighteen years
"

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: DangerStranger

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Congratulations! And I agree with the above. If you think the measure of a man is his ability and willingness to support a family, that is a great thing. Understand though that measure is far greater for the one who some how discovers he's supporting a family he has discovered is not his own.
I think it speaks more to the state of our era when a guy shares some good news and the first thing anyone can think is "oh she must have been cheating". Honestly, if that's how people feel that's not my problem. I bet a good number of forum members weren't exactly born "legitimately". I know I wasn't.

DangerStranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020

DangerStranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
I think it speaks more to the state of our era when a guy shares some good news and the first thing anyone can think is "oh she must have been cheating". Honestly, if that's how people feel that's not my problem. I bet a good number of forum members weren't exactly born "legitimately". I know I wasn't.
I hear you. In all fairness though, it never crossed my mind that she cheated. You stated that she was an Ex and that you had tried to get pregnant for 7 years and that she has a daughter. Now, I'm no rocket surgeon, but...

maybe a bit ninja after all

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Congratulations!

No unbecoming activities implied, I'm simply curious how she both has a child and it was deemed medically impossible that she could have a child. The biologist in me is perplexed. No need to share details, just stating that the situation has piqued my interest.

At any rate, good luck to mom and son. Sounds like a tough road ahead, and I wish you all the best. Welcome to the fold!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of you for unsuccessfully trying for seven years, however.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
I hear you. In all fairness though, it never crossed my mind that she cheated. You stated that she was an Ex and that you had tried to get pregnant for 7 years and that she has a daughter. Now, I'm no rocket surgeon, but...

maybe a bit ninja after all
Perhaps when confused one should ask for clarification instead of quoting Kanye West on a pipe smokers forum?

We didn't date for seven years and try to have kids and suddenly boom, there's a kid. I'd explain the situation but quite frankly it's none of anyone's business. I just wanted to share some good news and you're acting like some shit-hot playa when it's infinitely more likely that you're typing from your Mom's basement because your custom scarf business fell through, again. Also, you still haven't corrected your spelling mistake there, Ninja.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Congratulations!

No unbecoming activities implied, I'm simply curious how she both has a child and it was deemed medically impossible that she could have a child. The biologist in me is perplexed. No need to share details, just stating that the situation has piqued my interest.

At any rate, good luck to mom and son. Sounds like a tough road ahead, and I wish you all the best. Welcome to the fold!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of you for unsuccessfully trying for seven years, however.

Perhaps I've created some confusion which I will address with an edit to my original post.

Long story short on the medical front, she has some other complications that decreased her chances and I guess the other guy just didn't have the stuff for two! Maybe my swimmers just got that much better after I quit cigs and switched to a pipe? At any rate I'm going to perpetuate that myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.