Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Got to "Place Order" and the site rejected my payment twice. That's okay, there's always another Kenan! 😁
It's the universe agreeing with your past self.
Not sure it's the universe, probably just his bank thinking it was an irregularity after looking at which pipes he does buy.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Got to "Place Order" and the site rejected my payment twice.
They have something called "3D security" on their payment processing. It's the only merchant I've ever used on-line that has that. It requires you to call your card issuer to allow the payment to go through.

I had to do that with each pipe I purchased from them up until the last couple of times I tried, and suddenly my CU said they were no longer able to "see" the transaction for some reason so there was nothing they could do on their end to facilitate it...so I gave up after that.

Reactions: wyfbane

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They have something called "3D security" on their payment processing. It's the only merchant I've ever used on-line that has that. It requires you to call your card issuer to allow the payment to go through.

I had to do that with each pipe I purchased from them up until the last couple of times I tried, and suddenly my CU said they were no longer able to "see" the transaction for some reason so there was nothing they could do on their end to facilitate it...so I gave up after that.
Too much headache for me.

Paypal is sort of like a prepaid credit card, except it works where credit cards won't. Heck, you can probably set up one using your prepaid card. Or, if you are just dead set against it on principle, then maybe you should just stick to the pipe guys you already use. Each artist/business can use or not use whatever means they want. This one just might not be for you. But, have you tried communicating with them?

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
When I was much younger, and didn't have any credit, but just hired by one of those huge companies, was completely embarrassed by this store clark. I'll skip the details. He said on the phone to their credit dept. "what do you mean he didn't pass? He works for ___ that's triple A!!! I can't refuse this sale!!!". And I was just buying a new tie. Had cash on hand too x)

Reactions: yanoJL