PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Covid-19 has probably made us all listen to our bodies. Most people have a little hypochondriac shuffling around in our brains, the little voice that sees everything as illness. For a fella of a certain age, I have the usual arthritis, allergies, a headache now and then, but generally feel pretty good. When I grunt and moan too much, my wife tells me I'm in denial and should take an anti-inflammatory. I've scaled back my pipe smoking (sigh) to screen out any aspect of that from seeming like symptoms. Sometimes a lusty bowl of tobacco gives me a throat thing or a cough, if only momentarily. I hope to be around to see the public life and health get much better, but clearly we have a ways to go. So, how are you doing today? Well, I hope.

Reactions: BROBS

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Good here, though the travel restrictions combined with bad weather is making giving me a bit of cabin fever.

In comparison with others my smoking would be deemed light, but taking a pause in smoking in the midst of this virus stuff I think was a good check point as I was nearing the one year anniversary of smoking anyway and it became a good opportunity to take stock.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Other than work shut down, living my life as usual, never been a hypochondriac.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Inform her that "grunting" and "groaning" is your body's way of letting you and her know you are not ready for the "dirt sandwich."
Nothing like pain to let you know your alive.? My joints have become a natural barometer.?

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. I hurt more every day. Our medical care in southern Illinois is very sub par. I don't go to the Dr unless I am bleeding out

Status
Not open for further replies.