PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
When folks live in an area that is prone to natural disasters there is always mixed feelings when something occurs.Concern for those effected,and relief that we weren't.I live in North Carolina and hurricanes are pretty common here.I live far enough inland that the most I usually get is rain.It's been about 25 years since we got a direct hit where I live.I've been to the coast many times though.I know folks who live there.It looks as though they're about to get hit again.As I sit here safe and snug smoking my pipe my wishes for their safety and concern for their potential loss of property is on my mind.I wish them well.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i finished a store in Conway SC and it was desinged to withstand 120 mph winds hope it doesnt get tested anytime soon it is still under waranty 8O

tedswearingen

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2010
Longs, South Carolina
puffy, thanks for the kind words. We're all a little concerned here. Out headquarters is about two miles inland (we're in Little River, SC). I already told my wife that if she wants the photo albums it's her responsibility during an evacuation. I will be making decisions about pipes, tobacco from the cellar and my humidor. :(

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I'm hoping it turns more out to sea and no direct landfall this time anyways. it's still plenty of time to do so.

luck to ya'll coastal dwellers.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
puffy, thanks for the kind words. We're all a little concerned here. Out headquarters is about two miles inland (we're in Little River, SC). I already told my wife that if she wants the photo albums it's her responsibility during an evacuation. I will be making decisions about pipes, tobacco from the cellar and my humidor. [:(]
Just a thought Ted, but perhaps you could acquire a couple of old ammunition cases from your local surplus store to store what you can't take with? They take a beating, are water-proof, come pretty cheap (around $10 for the 7.62mm case) and in a variety of sizes.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My in laws are in Summerville, SC. My wife has been trying to get them to evacuate - but they are stubborn.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It looks like it's going to keep veering slightly to the right, so right now it looks like South Carolina may be in the clear.
I'm glad Florida dodged the bullet. I did my hurricane shopping yesterday anyway.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Thats not particularly funny in this instance Maduroman.Was 9/11 funny too?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Ike cost me over 7 thousand out of pocket and we live 75 miles inland . The important thing to have is clean water and extra gas for your car . Yall be safe . Living on the Gulf Coast we get our fair share of fun . :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.