PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Although I love the design of a well crafted humidor I'm more form over function on them. So just give me a plastic box with a sealed lit and boveda. The amount of money you have to spend on a well sealed wooden humidor vs a plastic box with a sealed lit is just to large for me.

Reactions: solideogloria86
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Although I love the design of a well crafted humidor I'm more form over function on them. So just give me a plastic box with a sealed lit and boveda. The amount of money you have to spend on a well sealed wooden humidor vs a plastic box with a sealed lit is just to large for me.
I second this. I have an acrylic jar humidor Cost me $20. One Boveda pack keeps 15-20 sticks for over a year.

I have a glass cased humidor, and several old cigar boxes made of cedar that I use also to store cigars. I'm not yet hardcore cellaring cigars, so any that get age on them is merely because of oversight or luck.

My step son gave me one of these last year for my birthday. I love it and take it with me to the back porch to smoke sometimes. But, the bullet cutter and the guillotine cutters are cheaply made. I just tossed them into a drawer, and use my well made but cheap ones.
1635782128637.png

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I also not a big fan of meaningless money spending, but I like some shitt which make my hard feels warm.
If I had unlimited wealth, my desktops would be pretty to look at and unique. Alas, my cigar toys are 3 serviceable desktops, a cooler full of cigar boxes, and some plastic-handled cutters from when Palio made good cutters. I put all the money I saved not buying expensive cigar accoutrements and spent the money on cigars, instead. I am a somewhat frugal hedonist.

There are a lot of pretty cigar accessories out there, though. If I were splurging, a walk-in humidor would be nice. I've seen pics of quite a few people have built for themselves over the years.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I also not a big fan of meaningless money spending, but I like some shitt which make my hard feels warm.
I fully understand why ppl buy a nice desktop humidor, but there just not for me. I don't put it on display. If you have a couple of smoking buddies over, its a lot nicer to put a nice humidor humidor on the table than opening a plastic tub and let them have a go at it. If you enjoy it, enjoy it.

Reactions: Rustamgtx
Jun 9, 2018
England
If you're going on a long journey in your Rolls Royce Phantom then you need the Rolls Royce Travel Humidor. It holds a bottle of your favourite whisky, 2 glasses, 4 cigars and is a snip at $55,000.

I'd personally give it a miss as it'd probably be overkill for my bottle of Red Bull & 4 Henri Wintermans half coronas but YMMV.

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
If you're going on a long journey in your Rolls Royce Phantom then you need the Rolls Royce Travel Humidor. It holds a bottle of your favourite whisky, 2 glasses, 4 cigars and is a snip at $55,000.

I'd personally give it a miss as it'd probably be overkill for my bottle of Red Bull & 4 Henri Wintermans half coronas but YMMV.

I'm definitely need/want this shitt...
Just let's me sell my house first ???

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I was lucky enough to get a Newair CC-300 humidor before they discontinued them. The replacement model is about 1 inch larger in each dimension but goes almost 4x what my wife paid for mine.

Here's a stock photo:

newair.jpg

Reactions: Rustamgtx