PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
Some of the older kids in Indiana smoked corn silk. I was too young to care at the time, and then we moved away so I never had the chance to try it. Though it sounds like that is probably for the best.

Reactions: FLDRD

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Funny, we had to read 'Tom Sawyer', but not 'Huck Finn', the latter becoming pure gold when I finally read it. I've re-read it several times, but never returned to 'Tom Sawyer'. I have;however, tried to trade a few apple cores for labor.

The first chapters of 'Moby Dick', in my opinion, are some of the best descriptive writing ever.

I would especially agree with you about Moby Dick. Back when I thought of tackling that book way back when I was 16, I anticipated I would put it aside after a few pages. Was so captivated I read it across a week. I have read it through at least 5 more times and I get more out of it each time.

Reactions: runscott

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I would especially agree with you about Moby Dick. Back when I thought of tackling that book way back when I was 16, I anticipated I would put it aside after a few pages. Was so captivated I read it across a week. I have read it through at least 5 more times and I get more out of it each time.

You've inspired me to re-read it. The first few chapters of 'Moby Dick' had the same affect on me as the beginning of 'Treasure Island' did when I was a child: I was magically moved into the author's setting.