PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I ordered a few HU tins from Estreval's and was wondering if any one knows if they are vacuum sealed? They kind of look like small paint cans. I'm trying to decide if I can let them be or if I need to jar them up.

Thank you,

Billy

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Use the forum search for this topic lately if you need more opinions, its been discussed quite a bit but most people are going to tell you to open them and jar em up. Some will also say theyve kept them for years without issue. I jar mine. It’s the safe bet.

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
I ordered a few HU tins from Estreval's and was wondering if any one knows if they are vacuum sealed? They kind of look like small paint cans. I'm trying to decide if I can let them be or if I need to jar them up.

Thank you,

Billy
Alternatively you can place unopened paint cans in a Mylar. Remove as much as possible.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I am going to start storing all my tins in Mylar bags. Recently opened a plastic bin I have filled with tins from various manufactures and I could smell the tobacco wafting up. If I can smell it so strongly those tins are not airtight. Mylar is cheap and easy to seal.

Reactions: artvandelay007
Status
Not open for further replies.