PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddledaddy

Lurker
Jun 30, 2020
Howdy, everyone. I'm a pipe smoker, paddle boarder, outdoorsman, and family man form the Tampa Bay area. The name paddledaddy combines my favorite sport (stand up paddleboarding) and being a father. It's been used by me at a number of other forums when a used to race paddleboards so I just kept it. My father was a lifelong pipe smoker and did business all over the world with his signature corn cob pipe in place. I dabbled in pipe smoking for about 10 years before my kids were born and and until they were old enough to learn the ant- tobacco mantra from school. I stopped smoking until one day my son turned 18 and came home with a tobacco pipe and a tin that his youth pastor gave him. I figured I had the green light to smoke again and have really enjoyed all that is pipe smoking for about 4 years now. I only smoke one bowl a day and try to miss a few days every week so that I know I can quit nicotine anytime I need to. I smoke all varieties of quality tobacco. Life is too short and attractive pipes are too expensive to not try the best tobaccos. I tend to prefer English blends but do enjoy Vapers, and other interesting quality tobaccos. There are only a few aromatics I can tolerate anymore and really only pull them out from Halloween to Christmas. I recently found this site while reaerching some blends and thought it made sense to get involved. Cheers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. MM cob pipes are great, and I have about eight, along with briar, Meerschaum, Mountan Laurel, clay, and cocobolo. Just for curiosity, how do paddle boards differ structurally and shape wise from surfboards? Dumb question, but it's hard to tell without having them side by side if you don't do the sports.

Reactions: Paddledaddy

Paddledaddy

Lurker
Jun 30, 2020
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. MM cob pipes are great, and I have about eight, along with briar, Meerschaum, Mountan Laurel, clay, and cocobolo. Just for curiosity, how do paddle boards differ structurally and shape wise from surfboards? Dumb question, but it's hard to tell without having them side by side if you don't do the sports.
Thanks for the welcome. Paddle boards are similar to surf boards but surf boards have much less volume so you have to get them moving with the speed of the wave before they are stable enough to stand on. With paddle boards you stand on them the whole time so they have to be made wider, longer, and or thicker in order to balance your weight. There are sizes specific to surfing, racing, and recreational touring.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Howdy, everyone. I'm a pipe smoker, paddle boarder, outdoorsman, and family man form the Tampa Bay area. The name paddledaddy combines my favorite sport (stand up paddleboarding) and being a father. It's been used by me at a number of other forums when a used to race paddleboards so I just kept it. My father was a lifelong pipe smoker and did business all over the world with his signature corn cob pipe in place. I dabbled in pipe smoking for about 10 years before my kids were born and and until they were old enough to learn the ant- tobacco mantra from school. I stopped smoking until one day my son turned 18 and came home with a tobacco pipe and a tin that his youth pastor gave him. I figured I had the green light to smoke again and have really enjoyed all that is pipe smoking for about 4 years now. I only smoke one bowl a day and try to miss a few days every week so that I know I can quit nicotine anytime I need to. I smoke all varieties of quality tobacco. Life is too short and attractive pipes are too expensive to not try the best tobaccos. I tend to prefer English blends but do enjoy Vapers, and other interesting quality tobaccos. There are only a few aromatics I can tolerate anymore and really only pull them out from Halloween to Christmas. I recently found this site while reaerching some blends and thought it made sense to get involved. Cheers.
Howdy pilgrim! I’m in Orlando now but lived in Sarasota most my life so I know Tampa Bay pretty well.

Welcome to the forum. I’ve never paddle boarded but that seems cool! I like to surf and skate and kayak.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
Welcome from Kansas City! I tried to pick up pipe smoking when I was 20ish, but it didn't take. 10 years later I gave it another shot, and it became such a meditative part of my life. Glad to have you!

Status
Not open for further replies.