PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan Shmengy

Lurker
Jun 28, 2020
Newnan, Ga.
Bryan from Ga. here. I've been smoking pipes since about 1982 I think when I was employed as seasonal help at an Atlanta area Tinder Box. Geez I don't even know how many pipes I've had through the years. I was a big fan of Charatan at one point and had 5. Now I'm down to a big Dunhill Group 6 billiard, a Peterson 307, Peterson Holmes Deerstalker shape and a Stanwell plateau top that I've left out overnight in the cold and rain 3 or 4 times by accident. It still works fine. As far as tobacco goes, gee I don't know. I started with aromatics then Latakia blends, then Latakia "bombs" as they say nowadays, then straight Latakia for a short while. Really liked C and D Star of the East but it began to taste like farm animal excrement. I really liked "Old Ironsides" as well. After that I got on a straight Virginia kick that persisted for years. I really liked the old McClelland stuff. Then I went on a Gawith and Hoggarth Lakeland type kick. Now, I just smoke Burley. Sir Walter Raleigh mostly.....

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation…
You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Status
Not open for further replies.