PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
Welcome,

Is it me or does there seem to be quite a few new members from Texas?
I may live in Louisiana, but I was born and mostly raised in SE Texas. Graduated from high school in Beaumont.

I went to school Mont Bellevue not far from there for like 1 semester before I got expelled for using tobacco in the bathrooms lol... Just moist snuff, but I guess they were pretty hardcore over there. I wound up getting an online diploma after that. I accumulated 7 minor in possession of tobacco charges in highschool. Enough was enough. And at that time I was 18, but because it was a school you just can't have it at all.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I went to school Mont Bellevue not far from there for like 1 semester before I got expelled for using tobacco in the bathrooms lol... Just moist snuff, but I guess they were pretty hardcore over there. I wound up getting an online diploma after that. I accumulated 7 minor in possession of tobacco charges in highschool. Enough was enough. And at that time I was 18, but because it was a school you just can't have it at all.
Mont Belvieu? That's closer to Baytown than Beaumont. I've past through it a couple of times taking the old highway to Houston instead of I-10. I don't remember it having a high school but I haven't been in that area for 10 or 15 years.

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
Mont Belvieu? That's closer to Baytown than Beaumont. I've past through it a couple of times taking the old highway to Houston instead of I-10. I don't remember it having a high school but I haven't been in that area for 10 or 15 years.
Ah yeah, I might be getting mixed up. I lived there for a year. I thought Beaumont was near to baytown. I worked on Tug boats in that area a little later. One of the fleets next to the San Jacinto I-10 bridge.

frankrem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
Huntsville, Arkansas
Welcome Patrick, I spent some time down in Houston - Lived around there for a few years - Stinkadena, Dayton, Baytown all on the outskirts - Worked in Houston at the time. Great part of the country.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Ah yeah, I might be getting mixed up. I lived there for a year. I thought Beaumont was near to baytown. I worked on Tug boats in that area a little later. One of the fleets next to the San Jacinto I-10 bridge.
Beaumont is approximately 90 miles east of Houston on I-10. Tug boats? Did they move ships around or push barges. My father worked on towboats (the ones that pushed barges) for over 50 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.