Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadosaurusrex

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2019
Hi everybody! I finally decided to sign up, and I thought I would say hey to everybody officially. I've been reading the forums for a while now and I've really enjoyed all of the excellent posts, so thanks to everyone for all of the great info!
I've been smoking pipes on and off since about '98, but I have taken it up "full time" for the last year or so. I love really strong tobaccos and C&D is probably my current favorite blender. I like all different kinds of pipes, but I'm currently really loving Briarworks pipes. If you folks haven't tried them out yet, I highly recommend them, great bang for the buck!
I guess that's about it for initial introductions, but I'm really looking forward to being part of the forums! And thanks again to everyone who has contributed such great information and advice over the years!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Quite a few from the Old North State on Forums. I'm in Raleigh. Our premier reviewer of blends, jiminks, is in Greensboro. And there are quite a few others.

dadosaurusrex

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2019
Thanks redglow and mso489! mso489, that's great to hear that you and jiminks are both in NC! I'm out in western NC, down the mountain from Asheville. I have to say that I have benefited enormously from all of the posts that you and jiminks have made over the years, and I'm really glad that I can finally say thanks for all of the great info and advice!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Welcome to the Forum. How do you smoke with such short arms? How do you clench with those teeth, you must be hell on those stems.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to the forums from another Old North Stater! I'm over by Raleigh, myself. You won't find a jollier bunch than this one, that's for sure! Tried a few C&D blends so far, but planning a larger foray into them by picking up as many good and strong, tasty blends that I can. Like you, I like them strong. G&H do some pretty good stout blends, just harder to come by these days.

dadosaurusrex

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2019
Thanks for the welcome trouttimes and carolinachurchwarden! Carolinachurchwarden, great to meet another Carolina boy! If you're getting into C&D and haven't tried Bayou Morning yet, you should give that a go, and Bayou night too, which is pretty much the same blend with a little lat. It took me a little while to really click with Bayou Morning, but after I did, I hardly want to smoke anything else! It's not quite as strong as Old Joe Krantz, but it's definitely not weak either. I'm right there with you on the G&H blends, I haven't tried a lot of them, but I love what I've tried! I'm pounding my way through some Dark Kendal and Birdseye right now, and I love them!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
dado', as you probably know, C&D used to be located in Morganton, N.C., but was sold to smokingpipes.com and its parent company and is now near Myrtle Beach, S.C. You might also want to check out Daughters & Ryan blends located in Kenly, N.C., with postal address in Smithfield, but sold through our sponsor PC and others.

dadosaurusrex

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2019
Thanks for the tip MSO! I've heard about their tobaccos for a while now, but I didn't know they were a NC company. I'll definitely check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.