PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bear

Lurker
Aug 21, 2020
Howdy, I go by Bear. I have been smoking a pipe for a little bit now, I started in order to deal with stress when my mother passed for to early. Since then I have come to greatly enjoy the hobby and find it to be one of the most effective ways to relax, unwind, and de stress. I look forward to learning more about this wonderful and time honored hobby we all enjoy.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Welcome, and sorry to hear about your mom. I've been wanting to make a trip to Montana, or maybe Wyoming or Idaho sometime. Lots of elbow room out there, I hear puffy

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Big Bear

Lurker
Aug 21, 2020
Thank y’all for the welcome. Yes we still have elbow room out here and I like that. If you don’t mind a good hike or horseback ride, you can still get to some places that you can forget what century your in. I enjoy setting up a little camp way back into the mountains or along the wild and scenic stretch of the Missouri River Breaks, and building a fire, making a cup of tea and smoking a relaxing pipe.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Thank y’all for the welcome. Yes we still have elbow room out here and I like that. If you don’t mind a good hike or horseback ride, you can still get to some places that you can forget what century your in. I enjoy setting up a little camp way back into the mountains or along the wild and scenic stretch of the Missouri River Breaks, and building a fire, making a cup of tea and smoking a relaxing pipe.

Sounds right up my alley. If you ever care to post any pictures, plenty of us would love to see them. There is an easy "insert image" button on the toolbar above the area where you type your message here when making a post, just FYI.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Howdy, I go by Bear. I have been smoking a pipe for a little bit now, I started in order to deal with stress when my mother passed for to early. Since then I have come to greatly enjoy the hobby and find it to be one of the most effective ways to relax, unwind, and de stress. I look forward to learning more about this wonderful and time honored hobby we all enjoy.
What do you like, and what do you smoke it in? And, pipe smoking is a hobby to some, not to some others.
And, welcome from the Central Coast of California!

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Welcome from Sweden!
I've been youtubeing Montana a bit lately, you sure seem to have some great and beautiful nature there. Would love to visit and see for myself one day.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bear, welcome aboard from central North Carolina, from a native of Chicagoland. I had a shipmate in the Navy from Helena, another junior radioman who showed me how to tape the drawers closed and rope down the furniture for a typhoon evasion. I don't think we evaded much, but I appreciated his knowhow.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Seems like half this place is from Montana or Alaska.

Welcome from the great State of Ohio.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Welcome Bear! I had the good fortune to hunt in the Pintler mountains ages ago. Beautiful country. Always wanted to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.