PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrecat

Lurker
Jan 1, 2021
Colorado, USA
Howdy SabreCat !!! Welcome, welcome, welcome, to this venerable smoke-filled institution :LOL:.

What part of Colorado are you from; and, how did you get introduced or get into pipe smoking? - Sherm Natman
Currently living in Northern Denver! My father's side of the family had a collection of old pipes that I've always admired but never really noticed until recently. Eventually I found myself going down the rabbit hole of all the neat little nuances that go into the perfect puff. Absolutely captivated by all of it really ?

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Currently living in Northern Denver! My father's side of the family had a collection of old pipes that I've always admired but never really noticed until recently. Eventually I found myself going down the rabbit hole of all the neat little nuances that go into the perfect puff. Absolutely captivated by all of it really ?
Good man! I think we have all sipped the same Kool-aid around here. LOL!

Looking forward to getting to know you.

So, what was the first pipe tobacco you tried, what was your experience with that first bowl, and, are you still smoking that same one? - Sherm Natman

Reactions: sabrecat

sabrecat

Lurker
Jan 1, 2021
Colorado, USA
Good man! I think we have all sipped the same Kool-aid around here. LOL!

Looking forward to getting to know you.

So, what was the first pipe tobacco you tried, what was your experience with that first bowl, and, are you still smoking that same one? - Sherm Natman
First tobacco I've tried was Mac Baren's Old Dark Fired. Took me some solid effort to pack it in properly and get the right lighting method, but after a few minutes it was just serene, smooth sailing (aside from figuring out my cadence lol). That rich, slightly smokey yet sweet molasses flavor is unbelievable. Still going strong with it, it's been perfect for those freezing Colorado mornings before work.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome from your four corners neighbor, Arizona! Nice state you've got there. I've spent a number of weeks vacationing in the San Juans. Just lovely country!

Reactions: sabrecat
Status
Not open for further replies.