PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2021
Ohio
How's it going!
Just started puffin last weekend. Trying to get off the cigs and vape. I got off cigs for the better part of last year moving to vape only after trying to switch for the better part of a decade. Then had to fly out for a funeral and picked the cigs back up. Really want to quit inhaling crap into my lungs. So far I've bought a bunch of pipes and still have a few packages of tobacco showing up this week.

My favorite combo right now is a Savinelli unfinished 141KS and Haunted Bookshop. Still trying other stuff and roasting the crap out of my tongue. It will probably take me a while to get that figured out. Haven't had much luck with the Virginias that I got. I guess I didn't dry them out long enough. I'll try again in a few months. So far it looks like I'll be on burley blends most of the time. Tried some Aro's, not enough flavor, it's like a really good smelling ultra lite cigarette.

Anyway, looking forward to hanging out and learning from yall. My quest to find a handful of blends begins. Glad I found one already, and the second bowl I loaded no less :)

-Bill

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh boy, real Texas barbecue and Tex Mex to go. "Hey" from central North Carolina. Yes, those unfinished Savs are the finest. I have two from about thirty years ago that have finished themselves into deep walnut with a resonant gloss, with no wax or anything added ever. Keep that pipe. I have two others just coming into bloom.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Royalists do not have any taste in good tunes. I'm surprised they didn't pick "Highland Cathedral" or for crying out loud, "Amazing Grace". I almost shot myself during Hong Kong handover.

Reactions: Ettrick puffer
Status
Not open for further replies.