PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I wanted to review another tobacco or two tonight, but I think I ruined my sense of taste for the evening by eating some very spicy, hot peppered food earlier. I'm smoking C&D Byzantium and Pirate Kake, and I can't believe they actually taste as bland as I'm tasting them tonight. The Byzantium is especially flat and boring, the Pirate Kake (70% Latakia) is just slightly more flavorful. Maybe I should save my tinned tobacco and switch to Carter Hall and Prince Albert for tonight. Lesson learned.

Mar 1, 2014
Every once in a while I like to note the "aftertaste" of a blend, but it's a little harder to nail down if you're eating Cheetos.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
---- Been there done that! I'm a chili head, love the Hot Stuff, and yes, it kills your taste for 4-5 hours. I usually smoke a good bowl before, then eat the spicy, then just get drunked up and smoke another in the morn......... :|

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
My taste sense has recovered. Byzantium and Pirate Kake taste much better. Of the two, I like PK more.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I've done that a few times myself, big fan of the spicy hot stuff. I think in the future I will adopt beefeater's plan. :puffy:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Thank God you didn't eat a Ghost Pepper as otherwise you might have ended up with having to get a tongue transplant!
That's goin in. Now as for goin OUT, COME ON ICECREAM... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.