PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
so i redid a crappy old tattoo on this guy last friday afternoon. Decent enough guy. he was a bit loud for my taste but i have dealt with worse. somewhere druing the tattooing i mentioned being a pipe smoker. when he left he told me he thought he ad some of his dad's old pipes around still and he would bring them to me. i really didn't think anything of it.

this afternoon when i arrived at the shop there he was in the driveway sitting on some fancy Italian motorcycle. he greeted me and gave me a crown royal bag full of pipes! pretty sweet tip. there were 11 total stuck into the bag.

tipfw.jpg

the top two left are Carey Magic inch pipes, one smooth, one blasted, below them is a Monarch (made by LA BRUYERE), under that is a very cool pipe with a landscape carved into it. there are no markings other than BRIAR. looks like there may be a TK inside a diamond on the metal band. the stem and back of the bowl have little symmetrical designs that almost look like pinstripping. under that is a black leather wrapped bent dublin. hard to read the imprint but it looks like it may be Caravelle. the bottom right is a Straus Private Stock bulldog, above him a creamy coloured Dr Grabow Viscount. The bent pipe above that is also leather wrapped. Has Ambassador stamped on the left and Algerian Briar stamped on the right. The stem has a circle with a small dot on the side. the pot and bulldog are both leather wrapped Biltmore pipes. The very top one is marked Cap Belton Tabago handmade in Denmark. there is a white triangle (outline) on the top of the stem. all the pipes were well smoked and will be undergoing some major cleaning and who knows what else, while i decide what to do with them.

if anyone has any info on any of these i would love to hear it. i am a nerd and like to get as much information as possible.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Daaaamn! I guess next time he asks for something in Chinese letter, you won't put letters that read "I'm a cheap Dickhead" instead. :rofl:

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
hey arthur do you know any tidbits about the Straus, Cap Belton, or where that style of carving may be from?

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Excellent tip Jason! I usually just give my artist $10 or $20. Since I go in every week or two, it usually makes him happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.